Elias Besufikad has been home for 5 months! It feels like we have been together forever, yet it also feels as though we were just in Ethiopia. It is so wonderful to be together and to know we will always be together.
Recently I have found myself remembering the journey. The wait. The trials. The summer of 2008 held so many hopes and ended with so much despair and disappointment. When we started on the waitlist everyone thought we had a very good chance to be home with our baby before the courts closed in August. Our prayers were for a referral by my birthday (June 11), court approved by Brian's birthday (July 29), and travel by our anniversary (August 14). It all seemed possible and reasonable. The waiting was far more difficult and took far longer than we anticipated. On July 8th we began our 10 week experience waiting at #1. By that time the realization that we didn't have a referral and wouldn't travel before the court closure had sunk in, yet nothing could have prepared me for the ups and downs of 10 weeks at #1.
When that call finally came on September 15th I wasn't expecting it. Christy and I had a scheduled phone call to talk about Brian and I possibly being put on the siblings wait list. My heart had been so heavy for so long I was very emotionally unprepared. Even though the logic of a list existed I found myself often times believing we would somehow be skipped and that our day would literally never come.
July 2008 was one of the most trying months of my life. Now, looking back, it is a month to celebrate because it was the month my son was born. I am so happy we have come full circle; that I have a little boy I love and kiss and squeeze! Elias, I am so happy you are home!
6 comments:
Just yesterday Mike and I were talking about "the wait" last summer. The "not knowing" about courts and how hard it was finding out that we were not traveling until courts opened up again. The longing to hold my baby girl is still so fresh....I cried yesterday just thinking about it....but also out of JOY that my arms are full of ALL THREE of my kiddos now:) I am feeling so blessed this summer!!!!!!! THE WAIT WAS OH SO WORTH IT!!!!!!!
Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com
Without "the wait" we wouldn't gotten Elias. He is the exact one God had chosen for our family. Like I always say "some things ARE worth the wait"... Mom
I agree - the wait was HARD, much harder than I thought... but oh SO worth it! 5 months already - wow!
that's crazy ... you traveled just as we were getting our referral for Silas ... doesn't seem that long ago and yet feels like forever.
It's amazing how God works all out for His good.
That was a very LONG summer. I could not imagine having anyone else but Elias in our family.
I"d love to email you about aai and answer any questions you have. I can't seem to find your email on your blog though. mine is rachaeloren@alumni.cedarville.edu or rachaeloren@yahoo.com
:)
Post a Comment