Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall 2009

First of all, thank you all for your words of encouragement. We appreciate all the prayers on our behalf.

Secondly, I am very behind with the blogging so here is our Fall 2009 so far...

Getting used to spending every Saturday at Alemu's soccer games - and loving the fact that the parent's think Elias is super cute and give him candy!

He's thinks he's 11 just like the other boys. Always in the mix.

First campfire and smores :)





First goose egg :(

Enjoying Fall in San Diego...still have to learn the difference between Basketball and Soccer






Pumpkin Patch - and yes it was 85 degrees the weekend before Halloween





Alemu's Cross Country Race - he came in first!


First Halloween! We had a great plan. Elias was going to be Curious George and Brian was going to be the Man in the Yellow Hat. With all the stuff that has been going on the past few weeks Halloween was put on the very back burner and Emily and I didn't start looking for costumes until Thursday afternoon. After 3 stores I was exhausted. Everything was cleaned out. We had the choices of a girly looking cow or Elmo. Of course, right now Elmo is Elias' favorite person. When he saw this costume he grabbed it, hugged it, kissed it and wouldn't let go. We had to distract him with the Elmo I was buying him for Christmas in order to pry the costume out of his hands. This is not the cutsie costume I wanted my son to be in but it is the one he wanted. Who knew that my one year old would be opinionated enough to practically be picking out his own first halloween costume? Oh well, there's always next year for cutsie. Meanwhile, here is E-Wok Elmo Elias :)









10 comments:

lisa page said...

oh gosh, Elias is so dang cute in that Elmo outfit. I love the picture of him walking alone holding his pumpkin -- he looks like he means business. :)
love you guys much!

Maria and Family said...

What a cutie !! I got the biggest smile out of E walking in his costume with his pumpkin :) looks like you guys had a great fall. HUGS!!

Amy said...

He is the cutest little Elmo I have ever seen.
Blessings,
Amy

Eryn said...

Hi Autumn, I wanted to comment Friday, but my keyboard died and I couldn't type!

My mom is a cancer survivor, and I sincerely say that God is good ALL the time. It is such a journey, but God has so much for you in it. Praying for you in real life...and sending you a big blog hug!

missy said...

love all the pix. elias gets cuter by the minute! i LOVE that he was his beloved elmo for halloween. he looked adorable! alemu is a darling boy. so glad both are home!

Meli n Pat said...

I debated on commenting, but that little elmo is the cutest thing ever! I am L.Cryer and J.Best's sister-in-law, and my sister is adopting from Ethiopia and waiting for a referral. I did want to say you have a darling family and I'll be praying for you all!

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

Oh my gosh.....he is a cutie for sure. I have to say I'm jealous of your temps on Halloween.....we are in the 50 during the day here in WI. It stinks...but anyhow, thanks for sharing the pictures...LOVE THEM!!!

Prayers & Love,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Autumn,

Continuing to pray for you...I'm staying updated with your Caringbridge site. Elyse loves Elmo right now too...I LOVE Elias' costume. I wish that I would have found that one for Elyse as that would have been her dream costume. :) lol He is just getting so big...we need to get together again. Are you by chance going to be at the Adoption Alliance conference this coming weekend? I'm speaking on a panel and wondering if you were asked to do this as well. Talk to you soon. You are all in my prayers daily.

Dawn said...

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you. Hope things are going ok. Know that you are being prayed for. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Eryn said...

hi Autumn, I am thinking of you this morning and said a quick prayer for your family. Hope you're hanging in there! Eryn