Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Winter 09-10

I realize my blog is officially lame and I apologize for that. Hopefully once this whole cancer business is over I will be blogging more often than just seasonally. Who knows, maybe I won't have any readers left by then.

Quick update on me: I am still doing surprisingly well with the chemotherapy. I have 2 more rounds (1 more month) of treatment and then I go in for a scan. There is a possibility I will be given the all clear at that point. If the cancer is not completely gone I will have 2 more months of chemo and then possibily radiation after the baby is born.

We've had a lot of fun this winter!!! We got some snow in the moutains and last weekend took a day trip so the Ethiopian boys could experience snow for the first time. Elias basically hated it and was really only content when someone was holding him and not making him touch the snow.

Christmas with Elias was wonderful! Here are some highlights

In mid-January we had a mini reunion for some of the kids from Hannah's Hope. We were able to use my Aunt and Uncle's beach house here in San Diego. We had such a great time getting to meet some of our blog friends in person. The kids had an absolute blast and I hope as they get older we will continue to be able to get together as the kids share a very special and unique bond.

Elias and Maleia
Elias, Maleia, and Sitina

Christian, Ashi, Elias, Maleia, Elyse, Sitina (Liam and Wes were sleeping...)

During this photo we got asked if they were quads...probably thanks to the super cure shirts Bethany made everyone!


Despite all the craziness of our lives due to my health issues this fall and winter have been really wonderful. We really look forward to Spring when Elias' baby sister will be joining us!

9 comments:

annieglan said...

Thanks for the update! Your boy is amazingly beautiful. I was praying for you and your family.

Jenny R said...

I think you've made up for lack of posting by putting on all the pictures:) He is so cute!!! I've been praying for you.

Three2Five said...

Yeah! great update!

Emily said...

Finally an update. I love it when Elias lays on the floor and crosses his legs when he watches tv.

Jessica said...

Sister!? How fun! I thought you had said you weren't finding out! Congrats! Your family is beautiful

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

Great to hear from you!!!!! I have been checking your post EVERYDAY since the Dec 4th post. I think and pray for you often:) Praying the cancer is ALL gone and you can move on!!! Thanks for all the wonderful pics you posted....all of the kiddos are SOOO cute. Hang in there...you can do this!!! Can't wait to read your next post...have a super day and stay strong...your doing a awesome job!!!

God Bless,
Karen
Adopting 2 kiddos from ET
www.hernkeblogspot.com
Currently #9 ...YAY!!!

D said...

Love all the photos! Your trips looked like a lot of fun. Glad you are still tolerating the chemo well.

Much love and prayer,
Dawn

JonesEthiopia said...

Great pictures... Elias looks so big! I'm praying for you and your family. Looking forward to spring, too.

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

so great to hear. i've thought about you often and wondered how you're doing. glad things are as well as can be. i'll continue to pray for your health and the little baby that will be coming. you have an awesome positive spirit about you:)