One year ago today, we met our son, Elias Besufikad, for the very first time. Although the meeting wasn't exactly how we dreamed it would be, it was still a dream come true!
I am a friend of Jana's sister's (in Kansas), and Lesli (Jana's sis) showed me your blog right after we announced that we were adopting from Ethiopia. Yours is the first I saw! It was so encouraging. :)
What a long way sweet elias has come from those days. I have no idea how you didn't completly break down in tears in those moments. Loved seeing glimpses of my sweet boy in your video.
I can just imagine how much of a change that was for him. I was watching this with my laptop on my lap and found myself bumping my legs up and down....like I was trying to help calm him from crying.....soooo glad he has adjusted and is doing sooo great. You two are awesome parents:)
Love, Karen Adopting 2 from ET...#9 now!!! www.hernkekid.blogspot.com
Whew...that was hard to watch. I felt so bad for him and you. I am so impressed with how you handled yourself. I might have broken down in a pity party! You were so calm...a good mom from the start! Just knowing how he is now (such a happy boy) makes it all so special; to know what a difference you have made in his life! He's so blessed to have you as parents! Happy One Year!
I just love seeing how God brings families together!! I'm sure the crying made sense after you learned that he was a sick little guy!! You guys handled yourself well! Lesli
Nice to know there are people who care to adopt to give hope and life to children. Talking abt Ethiopia, i heard a sad story from an Ethiopian lady who narrated how their men traditionally get married.Do you know more abt their marriage tradition?
16 comments:
What an unbelievable year! I can't imagine my life without him. I love you Elias! Mimi
oh my goodness! Your video is so....."unique":) Too cute. Thanks for sharing!!!
Awww, he's come such a long way! That made me cry!
What a sweet little guy! He was so sad....I bet you couldnt' wait to hold him. Can you believe it's been a year already!
Michelle
Oh such a happy and sad meeting! Many different emotions! I cried a laughed...God is so good to give you this beautful boy. :) It's been a great year!
I am a friend of Jana's sister's (in Kansas), and Lesli (Jana's sis) showed me your blog right after we announced that we were adopting from Ethiopia. Yours is the first I saw! It was so encouraging. :)
Love it! My video-ing was awesome. The shaky cam reminded me of The Bourne series.
What a long way sweet elias has come from those days. I have no idea how you didn't completly break down in tears in those moments. Loved seeing glimpses of my sweet boy in your video.
I can just imagine how much of a change that was for him. I was watching this with my laptop on my lap and found myself bumping my legs up and down....like I was trying to help calm him from crying.....soooo glad he has adjusted and is doing sooo great. You two are awesome parents:)
Love, Karen
Adopting 2 from ET...#9 now!!!
www.hernkekid.blogspot.com
Happy 1 Year Anniversary!!!!!
Whew...that was hard to watch. I felt so bad for him and you. I am so impressed with how you handled yourself. I might have broken down in a pity party! You were so calm...a good mom from the start! Just knowing how he is now (such a happy boy) makes it all so special; to know what a difference you have made in his life! He's so blessed to have you as parents! Happy One Year!
look how tiny he was!! man time flies - doesnt it? you handled yourself so well there - that's tough. :(
Wow, I think I know exactly how that felt. It made me cry remembering what that was like-- so glad it was short lived!
I just love seeing how God brings families together!! I'm sure the crying made sense after you learned that he was a sick little guy!!
You guys handled yourself well!
Lesli
Still check your blog everyday. Hope you are doing as well as can be and enjoying your little guy:)
Karen
www.hernkekid.blogspot.com
Mar. 25th
This is priceless. It's real and authentic. Precious.
Nice to know there are people who care to adopt to give hope and life to children.
Talking abt Ethiopia, i heard a sad story from an Ethiopian lady who narrated how their men traditionally get married.Do you know more abt their marriage tradition?
Post a Comment