Sunday, November 14, 2010

just another MIRACLE, baby!

So the past couple of years have held a lot for us - some great, some not-so-great - either way, it has been a lot. We have experienced scares and MIRACLES!

After an adoption process that seemed like it would never end, Elias became our son on December 31, 2008 and we were united as a family on February 1, 2009! He was our first MIRACLE! When I look at my wonderful little boy I am overwhelmed with love and awe. God chose me. I did absolutely nothing to deserve the joy and privilege of hearing Elias call me "Mama" but God chose me. By God's perfect design we were meant for each other long before either of us existed, and by God's grace he brought us together as a family from the far corners of the Earth. Elias is my MIRACLE baby!


Six short months after we got home with Elias we found out we were expecting another child, this time biologically. I was worried that the bond with my second child would not be as strong as the bond I had with my first but God had plans we could have never dreamed for ourselves that brought that baby and I closer than I could have ever planned.

On October 22, 2009, after weeks of testing, waiting, more testing and more waiting, I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma at 14 weeks pregnant. Isla and I went through chemotherapy together. We endured pokes, prods, tests, labs, drugs, hospitalizations, scans, and a whole slew of other necessary medical garbage. Despite all this, our precious MIRACLE baby #2 was born 6 weeks early on March 15, 2010. Isla is such an absolute joy and brings so much happiness to our entire family!


Exactly 8 months to the day after my diagnosis God chose to bless us with yet another MIRACLE and on June 22, 2010 I was declared in complete remission! We are so thankful that God chose to heal me!

Now today, we have another MIRACLE to announce. Here is an excerpt taken from my private blog. This was written the day after I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma:


Friday afternoon we were supposed to meet with a fertility specialist to discuss fertility options as chemo can often make people sterile. Instead we got a phone call from the oncologist saying this appointment wasn't necessary as they had learned from the specialist that harvesting eggs was impossible to do while pregnant. Brian and I are so thankful God planted the seed of adoption when He did. We are so thankful that despite very real financial obstacles we proceeded in faith when we did. Having Elias as our son prepared us for news that otherwise might have been very devestating. There is a very real possibility we will only be able to have one biological child, the child I am now carrying. God was gracious enough to give us the adoption experience we had at just the right time to prepare our hearts and minds. We have always planned another adoption and so as hard as this news may seem it really isn't a source of grief for Brian or I.


In our very first meeting with the oncologist the first side effect of chemotherapy that he warned us about was that of infertility. I was told I would not be able to conceive for a number of years and very possibly for the rest of my life. Brian and I were okay with that and began talking about another adoption right away. In fact, December 22nd will be my 6 month remission anniversary and we were hoping to start the adoption process then.

So, imagine our surprise when God gave us MIRACLE baby #3

Meet the latest Gossett baby! Our due date is May 19th (just three weeks after Isla's due date). Yes, if Isla wasn't 6 weeks early these kiddos would be 12 VERY SHORT months apart!

This MIRACLE has taken some time to process - let's be honest here, no sane person plans 3 kids under the age of 3. That said, all Brian and I could do was laugh in disbelief when we saw those two pink lines. God in his sovereignty chose to give us ANOTHER MIRACLE BABY and we can't wait to find out what amazing things He has planned for this precious little life!

32 comments:

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is amazing news!! So very happy for you!

Eryn said...

OH MY WORD!! What an amazing God!! Congrats on being the recipient of another miracle!

theheartofachild said...

What a great update! Congratulations on another miracle!!!!
Jenny

the mccollums... said...

wonderful news! congratulations!

Lisa's Photos said...

I am so excited for you guys!! God has truely blessed you and your family!!! I can't wait to follow your progress!! May God with you and the family and continue to bless you guys always!!!

Jessica said...

Holy Cow that's amazing! Praise the Lord! :) This is going to be a crazy fun journey!

Dani said...

That is amazing news Autumn! Congratulations!

Tisha Alexander said...

Congratulations! So many miracles indeed! Our 3 sons are less than 3 years apart and what a blessing it is!

Dallas Ann said...

Oh my goodness!!!! How wonderful for you!!!!I'm in tears.

<3

Connie said...

Congratulations...3 under three can be done, with grace and joy. SO.SO.SO excited to see how God is blessing you and trust He will equip you for all He graciously puts into your hands.

Phronsie said...

Congrats!! We'll have two under three but not three. I'm thinking the two we (will soon) have will be bad enough, LOL! How exciting!!

Maria and Family said...

I am totally blown away! I can not believe how blessed you both are and so very deserving. You chose to keep God first thru all your treatments and you never gave up on your baby girl and God is rewarding your faith! I am so very very very HAPPY FOR YOU ! HUGS my sweet friend !

Dominique said...

Praise God!! What an amazing gifts God is blessing your family with. He is so faithful. He knows the desires of our heart:)

missy said...

i am grinning from ear to ear right now. so many blessings from our god of miracles!

The Hull's at #4 said...

I'm so excited to hear this! Praise God, He is good! Congratulations Gossett's!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely elated with you guys!! Praise Jesus!! You are letting God be the MIRACLE WORKER...and HE is doing it!!

The H Family said...

Autumn,
Your blog came up when I googled Ethiopian adoption blogs back in the fall of '08--just as I started research for our own adoption. I've been reading ever since.
With your latest news of another miracle baby--well, it felt like I should finally come out of longtime-lurker status to offer my congrats! What an amazing blessing!

Tina Michelle said...

CONGRATS!

What a neat post! Both of your babies are so adorable and I cannot wait to see the new one.

Kristi J said...

congrats...so exciting...I had 3 that young...crazy but fun times for sure...and i was crazy enough to still go for #4 and 5 LOL My triplets (my first 3 so close in age) are now 5, 7 and 8...they are so big now..you'll be there before you know...enjoy this time and congrats again, kj

Aubrey said...

What amazing news Autumn! I am so happy for all of you!

{shell} said...

Autumn,
there really are no words. i got chills ALL OVER when i read this - how exciting - what an AMAZING God we serve - defying all the odds again and proving His power and revealing His glory amongst us! So glad I get to see Him shining in your life!
loveyoufriend!
{shell}

Jenn said...

Yippie, Yippie, Yippie!!!!

annieglan said...

I have 3 under 3 and it is a blast!!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!

Jana said...

Oh wow!!! When I heard Josh say on the phone with Brian last night, "WHAT? NO WAY! CONGRATULATIONS, MAN!!!" I was so excited!!!! Can't wait to hug you!

Unknown said...

Oh Autumn what wonderful news!! I am so excited for you!

Amy said...

Congratulations on another miracle! I absolutely love hearing that God is still in the miracle business today. We've had several in our own lives as well. Such a beautiful family- God bless you all.

Molly said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to babysit for a family and the wife had colon cancer. She was told that she could start trying for a baby but that she'd need fertility treatments.

Two weeks later she was pregnant. Her daughter will be three soon.

May you have a healthy pregnancy with minimal vomiting! haha

Christie said...

I have been looking and reading your blog since before our adoption process almost two years ago. I am just super excited for you and I had to leave a comment. I got chills and tears reading your news! I know I have never commented before. I have been silently blog stalking :) God is amazing, huh? We have 4 kiddos. Ours our 6, 3, 14 months, and 4 months! for a few months we had 3 kids 2 and under. It is just crazy but so wonderful! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

D said...

Hooray! Congratulations. Your blog continues to give me faith that some day good things will come to those who deserve them. Hopefully it will be me in the future. Your family is just precious!

Rudy from Belgium said...

Dear Autum and Brian
Fantastic news. I'm completely flabbergasted (I hope this is American English) ;-) That little kid will be six weeks by the time I'm coming to El Cajon. Can't wait and wish you all the best
Rudy

Aaron and Julie said...

So overwhelmingly excited for you! God is so awesome.