Elias: Mommy, I want to play Mario Kart Wii
Me: Not right now, babe. I'm holding Isla and she is almost asleep. I promise I will play with you later.
Elias: WHY? I want to play RIGHT NOW!
Me: Not right now, Elias.
Elias: Why?
Me: (sigh) Because I said so and I'm the Mommy!
Elias: (growling) You not say that EVER EVER EVER!
Honestly, I can't seem to figure out what's worse - my two year old's attitude or the fact that I actually stooped as low as saying "because I said so." I remember swearing I would never say that to my kids since it was a total cop out. Since I feel like defending myself though I will point out I gave a valid explanation before using the dreaded phrase.
2 comments:
He He Sorry This is so funny to me. It is probably both statements that make me laugh. His attitude and the fact you used that phrase. Bahha been there done that!
LOL, sometimes "I said so" is the best reason though simply because you are the mommy.
Post a Comment