Sunday, August 17, 2008

#1 Take 2?

We received our e-mail update from our agency and found out there were some referrals in the past couple weeks. With a couple of infant girls referred, there is a strong possibility that the couple ahead of us could have received a referral after we heard we were #2 in line. Of course this is all speculation and will remain unofficial until the first week in September. Unless of course we get a referral between now and then. Possible but not probable. But for now I will choose to think that we are in fact AGAIN # and could still get a referral in time to have our paperwork at the courts when they re-open on Oct. 1. I am feeling very ready for the next phase in our adoption process. I am over the counting, the lists, the speculation. With each bump the excitement becomes less of a bubbling-over feeling and more of a deep underlying anticipation. What difference does it really make if we are #1 or #2? We've been on this wait list, waiting to learn who our son is for 18 weeks! When we started this process in January I truly believed we would be in Ethiopia right now. Holding our baby. I was not supposed to be sitting here in mid-August wondering if we are still #2 or back to #1 or if we will have our baby boy at Christmas. I find myself feeling frustrated yet trying desperately to cling to the knowledge that God is soveriegn and His plan is a perfect one.

Although I may become annoyed with the waiting and the numbers, I have a hope and a promise that is bigger than our silly wait list. I ache to be with our son. To know his face. To hear his name. To hold him. I find myself being comforted only by the promises we have in Christ. He has a specific plan for our family - a good and perfect plan. So regardless of whether we are #1 or #2 we continue waiting for His plan to be revealed.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another toward love and good deeds." Hebrews 10:23-24

10 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

What a roller coaster!! International Adoption.....yet this has been the most amazing journey! The wait we are waiting is so HARD...harder than I ever thought but we are SO IN LOVE...MORE THAN I EVER THOUGHT!!!
Waiting is so hard.
You will have a picture really soon! What a blessing that will be!!! Hang in there. We can wait together!
I am still waiting for your "WE GOT OUR REFERRAL" email. I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!
I am so excited for you guys!!!! Maybe we could still travel together!
Michelle

jody said...

I am so sorry for your hard wait-God knows your son, knows his face, has held him-and will keep doing so right up to the mintue you can do the same!! Hold fast to Him, thank goodness He is big enough to handle your frustrations and welcomes you giving them to Him! It will be SO. SOON. though-I will pray for you guys!!! I can't wait to hear big news from you all!

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...

I keep checking your blog, I'm so impatient for you!! It's gonna happen soon, maybe tomorrow! So exciting that there were some referrals. Very encouraging.

Our journey said...

I am now checking my e-mail hourly for THE happy news. I tried to pump Christy for info this weekend, but the girl was tight lipped. She did ask me if I saw the update and knew I would be excited about moving down the list.

Amy

Unknown said...

I can't even imagine how brutal this is for you. We waited 19 weeks from our referral to travel, but waiting for our referral was easy. I am so excited for your son. I know the end is in sight. Just think of Christmas with a precious baby boy! He will be home by then. Bring on the babies!

Anonymous said...

He DOES have a plan. He has already chosen the child for your family! And for some reason, it hasn't been revealed to you yet. our adoption was (and continues to be) one of the biggest faith-building challenges/inspirations in my life--i was on my knees more in our adoption than any other time in my life (and i continue to be persistently praying--just now it is while i'm rocking the baby to sleep several times in the middle of the night. i'm thinking of you autumn, and i join you in anticipation for the child God has for you.

Michael and Michelle said...

Come on....bring on a baby boy!!!!! We want a referral!!!!
This is getting LONG!!!!!

Michelle

Dawn said...

Well, I am very happy to see you back at #1. I check on your site everyday hoping for some good news!! Praying that it's soon!!

~Dawn

Blog Shmog said...

I hope this is it for you! Soon soon soon!! Waiting is so incredibly hard.:(