We were correct in our counting and had been #1 but because of some very difficult circumstances our numbers changed. A baby with special needs recently passed away. The family matched with this baby went back onto the waitlist at the top, bumping us to #2. Please pray for this family as they grieve the loss of a child and prepare their hearts for another.We still might get a referral during the court closure. It all depends on how much paperwork was processed before the closure. We are trying to mentally and emotionally prepare for the possibility of not receiving a referral until the courts re-open in October. We just really have no idea.
On a more positive note some families just got back from picking up their children. Check out their blogs: Sharon, Karen, and Liz. They have fun photos and stories! The number of babies at Hannah's Hope leads us to believe that our son is born and currently being very well taken care of at HH. We have gone through this process day-dreaming about the many "what-ifs." One of the things we would talk about is "I wonder if our baby is born yet?" We don't know who he is or when he was born but we do know where he is right now. Too bad we aren't allowed to catch the next flight to Ethiopia!
9 comments:
Autumn,
Congratulations on your official number two! I will be thinking and praying for your little guy at HH. He is sure to be there waiting to know all about you. What a lucky boy he is to have such excited and awaiting parents! Hope the wait time is short for you now that you are so close. Of course you know the next time you hear your special ring, it will mean...
Melissa (Va.)
Yeah for #2! Even if you do wait until courts re-open it will be very quickly after they open that you will get your referral. I too wish we could just go visit those little kiddos.
I have been thinking about you and praying for you to get to meet your little guy soon. God Bless Autumn...Shannon
I heard about Lidya's passing away at HHE and felt so moved.
#2 is pretty great! Hopefully you'll be getting the CALL soon!
I have been lifting this family up in prayer as well. I remember her sweet little face and body. It's such tragic news, but I will pray for both this family and you as you continue to wait! What wonderful perspective you have on all of this!
Kristin
This is a MEGA bummer. i can't believe how long you've been at #1, and now to move to #2, that is poopy. Poor Lidya's family too!! :( I'm so sad for them.
I feel so bad for you... I know you are disappointed. Your baby has GOT to be coming soon. I am praying for you.
Maria
Autumn! You are so close, it's gonna happen. Hang in there! I can really say with complete honesty, stay on that wait list as long as you can. As much as the curosity is driving you crazy, staring at that sweet face is worse. The closer you get to the courts opening the better. Probably not what you want to hear:)
Sooo
I was blogg snooping because for some reason today I am exceptionally bored and anxious, anyways, I read on someone's blogg that there a like 60 kids at HH! That is soooo many! I really feel like our little one is there right now!
Post a Comment