Monday, August 25, 2008

What We've Been Up To

So when I first started the blog I made a rule that this adoption blog was strictly going to be about our adoption. Well, things are slow on the adoption front. I have decided to break my own rule although I can loosely tie this post into our adoption journey. So, here's what we've been up to while we wait (sometimes patiently, sometimes not so much) for our referral...

We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on August 14th. We went out to a really nice dinner and just had a great evening together.

We had my graduation party Saturday night. It was a wonderful celebration of a goal I wanted to accomplish pre-baby!

We have been having fun "practicing" with our family friends who have 5 kiddos. On Friday I gave my first official made-up-off-the-top-of-my-head bed time story. I thought it was a sad first attempt but my storytelling services were requested again the next night so I guess the audience thought I did ok. I also got some tooshie-wiping practice. Certainly not a new experience seeing as how I am the oldest of five and have done my fair share of babysitting - but it had been a couple years :)

We also took our baby blankie to Home Depot and bought some paint samples for the nursery. We decided on Rapture Blue. I am so glad we ended up liking that more than "Cinderella's Dress" for our little boy's room. I think we are going to paint tomorrow! I will post photos once the nursery is closer to complete.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is taking FOREVER! I can't wait to see the little man God has in store for you.

jody said...

Oh man, I saw you had a new post and I was like "this is IT!! they have NEWS!!" So funny how we all get so excited for each others' referrals, I love the family of adoption :) I am sorry for you that you do not have special news yet, but you are being so nice about your waiting-I think I would have posts mostly consisting of whining and complaining and ranting if I were you ;). Keep hanging in there and clinging to Habakkuk 2:3!!

J-momma said...

i know it's hard, but enjoy the process of nesting and getting ready. once your little comes, you won't have time to think about it. plus, it's fun getting the nursery ready and imagining all the possibilities! Hang in there!

Our journey said...

Have fun on your trips next month. I hope they help to keep you busy. I can't wait to see the nursery and so glad you don't have to have "Cinderella's Dress" blue!! Patiently waiting (lol) with you!

A

Jana said...

Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy while waiting! Isn't it funny how the name of a paint color can influence us for or against a color sometimes more than the color itself? Crazy! I can't wait to see the nursery all done. :)

Our Princess said...

Oh, man! I was so hoping to hear that you had gotten a referral while we were in ET! There were soooo many babies. I just couldn't keep from thinking that one of them was yours. I know your wait has been so long, but it will be so worth it! Trust me! It is ALL part of the most amazing journey ever! Can't wait to hear you've gotten THE CALL!

Michelle Riggs said...

I would love to see your nursery when you are finished.

Praying that you get your referal SOON.

Blog Shmog said...

ooooh, I'm looking forward to seeing your painted nursery!

Dawn said...

Happy Anniversary!
Congrats on the graduation!

Looking forward to seeing pics of the nursery!
~Dawn

nell ann said...

Howdy!
Just checking in to see how you're spending your last days as two...enjoy it while it lasts!

Also, I was wondering if I could have your mailing address, please?
Thanks!
Hurry up and post some nursery pictures, too!