On March 15, 2010 our daughter, Isla Ann (pronounced eye-la) joined our family. She was 6 weeks early and weighed only 4 pounds, yet God gave her to us at just the right time!
Elias and Isla meet for the first time!

Isla began her journey nice and dramatic and decided to make her entrance that way too! At 3 months along I was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma (as you probably all know). Isla underwent many rounds of chemotherapy with me and despite a number of scares, stayed strong and healthy the whole time. At 34 weeks along I came down with the flu. The intensity of the vomiting most likely caused my water to break, although it took me peeing my pants, 30 minutes of non-stop peeing and a phone call to my mom from the toilet to realize that my water had actually broken. Being an adoptive mom, I was obviously new at this part! Isla came 12 hours later after 45 minutes of pushing. The cord was wrapped around her neck and she was purple and not breathing. From the moment I saw her until I heard she was okay were the most terrifying moments of my life. She was easily recessitated and taken to the NICU where she spent the first 3 weeks of her life. It was a long and trying journey for our family but we have our baby girl with us and it was all worth it and more!
Elias loves his little sister. He wants to help with everything: bathing, feeding, rocking, holding, etc. He calls her baby or baby eye-a. Here are photos my mom had taken of them when I was in the hospital for a number of days. Elias is 22 months and Isla is 2 months.
Elias Besufikad
Isla Ann
I will give a quick update on me. With the birth of Isla and bouts in the hospital my last rounds of chemotherapy had to be postponed a few times and I just finally finished yesterday! It was so nice to have my treatment and know I would not be going back in 2 weeks! In a few weeks I will have a scan and get the results which will then determine if this journey is over for our family or if I will need to continue on with radiation therapy. We are really looking forward to being done with this and just spending some time being "normal" and enjoying our two wonderful kids. At that point I will definitely blog more and tell you all about the ways God has blessed us through these two incredible little people! ...And what future little people He has in store for us!
11 comments:
Congrats! She is beautiful. So thankful that she is doing well. Praying for your scan to be clear.
Blessings,
Amy
Hi Autumn,
She is a Beautiful Little Miracle Baby! I am so Happy for You & You will be in my Prayers.
Love
Tracy
OH MY!! She is beautiful!! Congratulations. Thank you for taking the time to update us :)
So glad to hear from you, Autumn, and so glad it is with such happy news! What a beautiful little girl!
She is beautiful! Congrats!! You have a beautiful family!
Congratulations!
Congratulations!! I've often thought and prayed for your family. We recently learned a high school friend is pregnant,and soon after heard she has breast cancer! I thought of you and how God can work wonders. Enjoy your babes!
Congratulations!!! Isla is GORGEOUS and absolutely PERFECT! Can't wait to hear more about your family.
I am so happy for your family! God has blessed you so much! :) Can't wait to hear more!
Your children are beautiful Autumn. I can't tell you the number of times I have prayed for you over the last many months, and I praise God for His protection over your life and over Isla!!
oh my word! What a delivery story !! Sorry, I did chuckle just a bit ;) I am so very happy for you all, your babies are just beautiful ! hugs!!!
Post a Comment