Monday, May 4, 2009

THE BIG REVEAL

Remember the plan A, plan B post? If not, click HERE. Well here it is goes... after first deciding to pursue international missions in November, Brian and I have been accepted by a mission agency and have been placed to serve here


Any guesses???.......


Let me explain. Plan A was to go about our lives as is. Work our 9-5 jobs, do our best to get promotions and make more money. Have some more kids. Buy a bigger house. Get Brian a new car. Continue serving in our church giving God and our ministries whatever time and energy we happen to have leftover. THEN, maybe someday we can follow our dreams... Brian's being working full time in youth ministry and mine being a full time mom and working in orphan care.

Plan B...throw all the monetary goals, security, and discontentment out the window. Throw some of the sanity out along with it. Let it all go and give God 100% instead of the leftovers. Follow our dreams now instead of waiting for the time in our lives where it might seem more "reasonable." Start living our lives passionately for Jesus, as if each day might be our last, and stop going through the motions of the "typical."

Our original intention was to be in Ethiopia by August 5th. THIS August 5th. We knew it was a long shot. What we didn't know is how badly the crumbling housing market effected us. We are still open to a miracle but are now aiming to be in Ethiopia next year.

For more details about where we are in the process, what we will be doing, and how you can be a part of it, visit our missions blog...

http://gossettsinethiopia.wordpress.com/

19 comments:

Tamara B said...

this makes me think of a book I just listened too: Crazy Love!?!?!?

Tamara B said...

the book is by francis chan. He teaches at Cornerstone in Simi valley. If you google him, you'll get to the book and some interesting videos.

tam4buit at hotmail dot com :)

missy said...

wow!!!! i got chills when i saw that first picture and knew just right where i thought you were headed. i'm thrilled for your family and the amazing life of adventure for His glory that god is setting in place for you!

so...if we travel after august 5th and you are there...can we meet????? (is that too stalkerish?) i'm going to check out your wordpress site right now.

Tisha Alexander said...

Wow, Autumn, what wonderful news!!! I am so excited for you guys. I will be praying for that miracle. :)

jody said...

i left you a comment on your new site!! so excited for you all!!

neely said...

this is awesome! i love it...can't wait to hear more.

Paul and DeeDee said...

ahhh I am so excited for you guys!! This is so awesome!

Eryn said...

Autumn, that is AWESOME!! I wondered if that's what you were praying about. God is SO cool!

Congrats!

JonesEthiopia said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations!

Jana said...

A-HA!! I actually had wondered about this a few weeks ago. Wondering if you were still considering some different plans. So exciting! God Bless You!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! HOW very cool and exciting!! I can't wait to read more about it and hear about the work you'll be doing!!

Meade family adoption said...

You are so inspiring and so brave. Takes a lot of guts to step out of that "boat" in complete trust. But you've done it before when you decided to adopt. I've been struggling with much the same issues, except I want to serve full time in El Salvador. Would you please help me to pray about that. I'm praying for you every day in your "financial" struggles!!! I love ya girl.

Blog Shmog said...

ooo, this is fun! congratulations on your big move! maybe we'll join you over there someday...and no, i'm not kidding. :)

Troy said...

wow, amazing ... we'll be praying for you guys as God's plans are revealed...

cb4swife said...

I am still praying for you guys! How exciting! I am definitely gonna check out your other blog! God Bless...Shannon

The Gresham Clan said...

Very awesome and exciting! Bless you in this incredible adventure to follow where God is calling you!! I'll be praying for your family along this journey!!

Becky said...

How awesome! Sounds like God is working everything out for you, and he'll take care of the housing issue, too. Congratulations on knowing and following His leading.

Dawn said...

Yay!! It's finally public!! :)

Melissa said...

Oh Autumn! I am crying tears of joy. What a blessing this is. Knowing you is a blessing all its own.