My sweet baby now has a fairly permanent nickname of stinker. I'm pretty sure if you were around us and said, "hey stinker" he would respond just like he does to his given name. So, what are my little guy's favorite toddler antics at 13 months old?
#1) Back talking. I kid you not. It may not be decipherable words to the common human but I KNOW he is back talking. The "no" is very clearly understandable. Beyond that it's all about the tone of voice (eek, I sound like my mother) and the ATTITUDE! When I tell him not to do something he looks me straight in the eye and in a not so nice voice back talks for a good 20-30 seconds without taking a breath. I was explaining this one night to my parents at dinner. Elias wasn't eating. I told him to eat his food. And right on cue the back talking began. Papi laughed. Mimi said no laughing. Then I tapped on his high chair and said, "take a bite." So he stared me straight in the eye and tapped on the high chair....mocking me! Mimi couldn't stifle the laugh on that one.
#2) General Mischievousness. Let me tell you a story about a naughty little boy! We were taking a shower (as we usually do together) but had to actually be out the door in 25 minutes. No biggie. As I'm shampooing my hair I realize the water isn't draining. I look down to see this culprit
I'm thinking, seriously??? He got into the bath by himself and was already playing. In 4 seconds. He loves his baths...can you tell?
So I pry the easter egg out of the drain with a steak knife. Then I decide instead of a fight I'll just use my brain and outsmart him. Sometimes I can still manage that. So I start brushing my teeth. Quite possibly the only thing he loves more than water. Soon he is asking to be aut (out) and teess (teeth). Got him right where I want him!
Out he comes. I dry him off and put on post bath diaper #2. In the 4 seconds it takes me to put toothpaste on his toothbrush he manages to play with the toilet plunger AND start unrolling the toilet paper. I grabbed the toilet paper from him and since he is so strong he managed to hold on to a good size chunk. He then started ripping it into minuscule pieces as I frantically tried to pry it out of his hands. My kid can do a lot of damage in 4 seconds.
Amazingly we got out the door on time. No, my hair was not done but who cares? I have a toddler.
Amazingly we got out the door on time. No, my hair was not done but who cares? I have a toddler.
12 comments:
He is adorable! He sure has a great smile. Life will never be boring again;)
What a lucky mama you are ! 4 seconds is pretty darn fast ...he might be a genius :)
Love it!!! I can SO relate right now. I am living in toddlerville U.S.A. Elyse has officially left infancy behind.
i laughed so hard, my husband got up from bed, and came into the kitchen to see what I was laughing about!
That is AWESOME! (only cuz it's true-Lucy is a crazy 12 month old!)
Good luck Mommy! The fun has only begun!
By the way...he is SOOOOOOOOOO cute!!
That sounds about right!! He is a toddler now. Enjoy every minute of it, they grow up far too fast. :)
I am laughing so hard right now. Toddlerhood is a joy. The pics of Elias standing in the tub in his diaper are priceless. Big hugs and best of luck Autumn.
He is definitely not a baby anymore - he is ALL boy! lol. Fun stuff! Love the pics!
Oh my goodness he sounds SO much like my Daniel!! We call ours 'crazy baby,' but I like 'stinker.' :) that's a cute one too!! we don't have to worry about their intellect, that's for sure!!!
Ha. Such a cute post. It would be hard to be mad at that cute boy. :-D
This is hilarious! I'm sorry you're already having to deal with backtalking! At least he's cute when he's doing it...:)
I totally understand. Fi came home at 1 year old but she was only a baby for a month or two. Once she started walking the sweet baby was gone and the hot mess of a toddler was here to stay. Keeps me running around and laughing though. Love your blog! Keep writing.
Post a Comment