Monday, October 19, 2009

it doesn't get much better

Yesterday we spent the day at Disneyland. We had an awesome time celebrating Alemu's birthday. (more pictures to come). For the first time I actually heard my son squeal with delight. We were walking and all of the sudden Elias let out a high pitch scream and pointed to a giant bouquet of balloons. This was after earlier in the day when he had tried to take a balloon off another kid's stroller.

My son was so happy and excited. He really really wanted a balloon. So like a good Mommy at a magical place like Disneyland I walked over to buy him one. Then I saw it. The sign that said,

"BALLOONS $12"


As Israel would say, "WHAT ZA HECK!" $12 for a balloon. Technically I guess it was 2 balloons because it was a Mickey balloon inside another balloon. Anyway, the worst part is I actually still considered buying it for him. The good news is, Brian had all the money.


Today is Monday which is Elias' day with his Papi. Here is the picture I saw while at work. He got a balloon after all.




It doesn't get much better than a little boy and his balloon.

9 comments:

Leah said...

So cute! $12.00 is so ridiculous, but how can you say no to that face. :-D

Jessica said...

He is so adorable. :)

Ron & Maria said...

oh he's so beautiful! Love those ethiopian eyes!

Maria and Family said...

What a fun day :) cute boy! (i sent emily an email, do you think she got it? I havent heard from her)

JonesEthiopia said...

Ahh, could he get cuter? Thank you for your excitement about our referral! More info about our call will be posted soon. :)
M

Renee said...

i'm afraid i would have bought the $12 balloon..i'm weak and these kiddos are to darn cute.

Unknown said...

this makes me smile real big!

Maria and Family said...

E emailed me :)

Erin said...

I love that photo, he's so darling!