Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Fortune's Fortune
I am going to start this post by saying "I swear this is a completely true story." A couple weeks ago I was at P.F. Chang's for my lunch break with Traci and Melanie. We were talking about the adoption almost the whole time because I like to do that whenever anyone will listen. Traci had already heard most of it but Melanie was a very captive audience as she hopes to adopt someday. Of course at the end we all got fortune cookies. My fortune read, "Your nurturing nature will expand to include many people." We laughed and thought that was crazy but I didn't think about it again. A few nights ago Brian and I were driving back from a soccer game in L.A. (one of his Christmas presents) and decided to stop for dinner in San Clemente. We went to this independently owned sushi place. After eating our meal we got fortune cookies. I opened mine up and read, "Your nurturing nature will expand to include many people." I couldn't believe it! A different brand of cookie, from a different restaurant, in a different city and I got the same fortune two times in a row! Brian read it and was frankly a little scared. Then I told him about my previous fortune and he was downright frightened. I suppose we will all look back at this and laugh when we are adopting child number 13. Just kidding, honey. Well, maybe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmm, I don't know about 13!
Hey,
We are an AGCI family adopting from Ethiopia. We are just a little bit ahead of you guys in the process. It is exciting to see some new blog "faces" and get to follow your story from the begining. Who knows maybe some of us will even travel together. That has been a prayer of mine...to know the people we are traveling with ahead of time. Anyway, I love this cookie story! God sends confirmation in crazy ways sometimes. :) Our blog is www.outdrsycple.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.
Post a Comment