We received our orientation package in the mail. It is always so exciting to go to the mailbox when you are waiting for something, open it up, and there is the package. In the package were a number of contracts, a list of our next steps and a list of additional resources.
The contracts included: a contract for our agency between us and the agency; a fee contract stating the fees, when they are due, and to whom; a contract for Ethiopia; and a grieveance contract which explains how to problem solve if we have a complaint.
Our next step will be a conference call with All God's Children. We have this scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. During this call we will go over the packet, contracts, and ask any questions. After that we will send in the signed contracts. We will then be sent our dossier packet (doss ee' aye). This includes all the forms and paperwork we will be needing. Once we receive our dossier we will have another call with All God's Children and be introduced to our case manager. We will then begin working on our dossier and start getting all the forms completed. The beginning step of working on our dossier is getting our home study (social services) done.
The additional resources included a list of lots of books all having a specific purpose (some of which applied to us others which did not apply). I will definitely be picking up a couple. The other resources included about a page and a half list of hair care products, as well as, books and websites about hair. Can you believe that? Honestly until all my blog research I didn't even know I should be using special shampoo. I just assumed Johnson and Johnson worked on all babies. Apparently "ethnic hair" as it is so lovingly called needs a lot of TLC so I will be learning all about how to keep the fro from being frizzy. Since we didn't think being first time parents was going to be challenging enough :), we thought we would spice things up and add a whole new set of things to learn into the mix! There sure are a lot of exciting new things we are learning about and honestly I can't wait until I have to use special shampoo cause that means our little boy will be here!!
No comments:
Post a Comment