Monday, October 20, 2008

Our Baby Boy's Name

We had a great time at the showers and one of the most exciting parts was sharing our baby boy's name with all of our family and friends. You should have heard the cheers and clapping when Brian said we were going to finally share the name we have picked! The night we got our referral I made Brian sit down and we made a list of all the names we liked. We narrowed it down from 20ish to 4... here they are: Lucas, Micah, Elias, Isaac. And the winner is -
ELIAS

Elias is a common Ethiopian name and is the Greek version of Elijah meaning Jehovah is God. Two of my favorites were Eli and Silas and then we came across this Ethiopian combo. We waited until we saw pictures of our little boy and it just seemed to fit. Since we wanted to keep his Ethiopian birthname as his middle name, we also wanted to find something that sounded good together. We (no actually just Brian) decided we needed a few days of discussion to make sure nothing better came up. Then we received some strange coincidences (I think not) and we knew Elias had to be it! These strange coincidences were when Brian was walking around on a break and saw this sign
Notice it is called the Elias Salon. He e-mailed me this "I was seriously thinking of getting back to my desk and looking up names, when I looked up and saw this. A sign?" Well, yes, Brian, it is a sign. What's really freaky though is I was looking at a junk mail letter from a lady with the last name Elias at the very same instant. Woah.

Unfortunately we can't disclose his full name until he is legally ours but it will be

Elias [insert birthname here] Gossett

16 comments:

Our journey said...

Love it Autumn! Good luck with your new little boy as you can see they are a handful sometimes! I put him in a timeout trying not to laugh the whole time, talk to him and then take his picture!

Three2Five said...

Yeah I love it!

Renee said...

Love the name you choose its beautiful. Just a note on your sidebar you have Jody as #9 for a boy and us as #9 for a boy ...Jody should be #8

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the name!!

Amy said...

Really cute name.....:)

Jana said...

So you want to know something super crazy? Lucas, Micah, Elias, Isaac and Silas were-I kid you not-ALL on our final list!! We had it in dry erase on our fridge so now I can't even prove it:) So I'm thinking that we have REALLY similar taste, considering we also chose the same final name. WEIRD!! Hope you're doing ok with the wait and that you got a bunch of great stuff at your showers!

Matt and Emily said...

Love the name!!!

Michael and Michelle said...

Very CUTE name!
Amy and I wanted to do a name exchange on our Yahoo list serve.....well you can still do it with us. Amy and I don't put names on our blogs, but want to share our baby's names. We should do that this week.

Michelle

Michelle Riggs said...

I love the name!

Thanks for praying for Abby.

Meade family adoption said...

I love the name Autumn. Loved hearing how your showers went. How SO exciting.

Blog Shmog said...

That's a very cute name!

Maria and Family said...

I love the name!AND I totally belive in GOD-incidences as my dear friend and I call them. That is totally cool. Cant wait to hear you are set to travel!!!!! Maria

Maria and Family said...

OH.my.gosh. AM I REALLY #8?? Yikes! I have been out of touch for a few days, we have been very sick around here. Maria

megan said...

I love the name!!!

Clark and Sarah said...

I love the name! How wonderful.

Laurzie said...

Beautiful! I love how God ordains names... We had a similar experience with Elianna Ray. It wasn't actually our first choice, but since He kept confirming it, we knew without a doubt that it was definitely the one! How cool!