Monday, October 27, 2008

6 Weeks

Today marks 6 weeks waiting for travel. It is getting harder with the more time that passes. There are certainly people who have waited much longer than this and I don't envy their wait. A travel group was announced for the first week of November. It is so exciting and nice to see movement for anyone. This also means that we will get PICTURES!!! We are so anxious to see how much our baby boy is changing and are looking forward to having a new picture to stare at! We still have no idea when our court date is. Based off of my parent's paperwork and knowing ours was there as soon as courts opened, I am pretty confident we must have a court date in November. Unfortunately we will not know until that date has come and gone. Right now we are praying that whenever our court date is, we pass the first time around. If this happens I am hopeful we can still travel by the end of the year. For now we are passing the time as best we can by focusing our hopes on photo updates and trying to keep our minds off of the unknown court date.

10 comments:

Three2Five said...

How are you? I feel like we haven't talked in forever. I realy think our dates are one of the next 3 mondays! That is totally my guess but hey it's kinda fun. We should make a bet or something on when we guess court dates will be. I can't wait for pictures!

Our journey said...

I can't wait for those pictures either!

Michael and Michelle said...

Pictures....what a blessing during this waiting time!!!!!
Who knows, maybe your date is the same as ours:)
Please continue praying for us....we will do the same for you.

Michelle

nell ann said...

All too soon this time will be but a distant (and ever fading) memory. Take joy in this season of patience and waiting upon the Lord.

I read this verse today:
The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me. Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.
Ps. 116:5-7

Sometimes it's better that we are simplehearted and not know all the details of God's plan. Know that He provides rest and that He promises to give what is good!! Your time will come!

Praying for you,
Nell Ann

Maria and Family said...

The wait for you baby to come home is SO HARD. I hope you get to travel before the end of the year..baby Elias needs his mommy :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you to get pictures from this travel group!! it will help you so much as you wait. Pictures and testimonies from friends about Daniel was SO helpful and sustaining for me!! I am so happy you'll get that with Elias!!

Melissa said...

I am soooo hoping for you. For all of us. I love you positivity. Please help me keep mine!!!

Maria and Family said...

Autumn are you guys involved in the new procedure? Oh I hope not..

Kristi J said...

I can't wait to hear about you guys receiving your new pics as this first group travels..so exciting. Praying for your parents too...so neat, kristi

{shelly} said...

Autumn,
WOW!!! i just found your blog and have spent almost the entire morning crying and praying for you and brian and this incredible journey that you are on! who would have thought when we were friends back in high school that God would do such AMAZING things in your life and bring you to such a dynamic place! i am absolutely overwhelmed and inspired by your choice to gracious love one of His children as your own. what a true display of the love of God. Thank you for sharing your story and truly touching my life!
i miss you friend and will be praying for your journey to bring home your son.
LOVEYOU!
-shelly