Thursday, October 16, 2008

Presents for the BABY

We are allowed to send the baby presents. Whatever we can squeeze into a gallon ziploc bag. Here's what we chose: a lovey made by Mimi, a lion stuffed animal, 2 outfits from Mimi (which won't fit by time he is home :(, a rattle/teether/squeeky toy, and a photo album. Obviously we don't expect the baby to be lying down staring at our pictures so we bought a fabric album that has a little mirror and all the photos are placed into shapes. If nothing else it will be a nice toy to slobber on. All of the items have the baby's name on them. My really shifty sewing job on the lion and lovey name tags will give the special mothers at HH a good laugh at my expense. After I was basically done, Mr. Boy Scout offered to "help" his wife out. Thanks, but no thanks. I'm the Mom here. Please don't embarrass me by showing me you can do a better whip stitch.Here is everything shoved into the gallon bag! It took a couple of attempts to get everything rolled properly. Brian didn't understand why I felt like we had to zip the ziploc bag. He insisted that they just told us we had to put stuff in there not actually close it. We managed to get it zipped, whew. Look what we got in the mail for the baby?! These fabulous burp cloths came from Nellann. I have to admit my favorite though is the CUTE tie onesie. I can see him now rolling up to church in his jeans, converse, and tie onesie! THANK YOU NELLANN! We love it!

6 comments:

Our journey said...

Great job mom! It was hard shoving everything into the bag. I just mailed mine today. I love the boy ones NellAnn made. They are adorable. I got the same ones as Michelle. What a sweet gift.

Our journey said...

I tagged you!

Our journey said...

I have not tried them. I have big feet. Sometimes even an 11 is too small : (

Dawn said...

I'm impressed with the packing skills - very nice! I may have to get some advice from you when we're at that point. :) Ok and the onesie - how stinking cute is that!!!

Jana said...

Isn't it great to be able to send him a gift? I got some goodies from Nellann too and I just about cried. It was so sweet. Have fun at your showers this weekend. I love, love, love babystuff! It is so fun!

Leann said...

Wow, you sent way more than I did. Just goes to show that the 3rd child gets the shaft, even before he's home!! I tagged you. See my blog