*And yes, you read correctly. We are both really excited for this weekend. A few months ago Brian asked if he "had" to go to the shower. I said no. When it actually came time for the shower and he found out we weren't planning it around his soccer schedule he was bummed because he thought he would "get" to go. I know some of you are probably on the verge of passing out thinking that a *perfectly normal* man wants to go to a baby shower. The thing is, it isn't just any baby shower. It's our baby shower. When baby Gossett was just a unknown baby the shower wasn't such an exciting idea for Brian. I am pleased to announce though that Brian is smitten and after seeing the photos of his son and taking in the reality of the situation, he doesn't want to miss a single part of this experience and (to the chargrin of my father who would rather be at the dentist :)) this includes the shower. So, if you see him there don't gwak like you are seeing an odd species at the zoo. He's a sensitive fellow :) and I'd like to encourage him to remain just the way he is!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Weekend Forecast - Showers Ahead!
*And yes, you read correctly. We are both really excited for this weekend. A few months ago Brian asked if he "had" to go to the shower. I said no. When it actually came time for the shower and he found out we weren't planning it around his soccer schedule he was bummed because he thought he would "get" to go. I know some of you are probably on the verge of passing out thinking that a *perfectly normal* man wants to go to a baby shower. The thing is, it isn't just any baby shower. It's our baby shower. When baby Gossett was just a unknown baby the shower wasn't such an exciting idea for Brian. I am pleased to announce though that Brian is smitten and after seeing the photos of his son and taking in the reality of the situation, he doesn't want to miss a single part of this experience and (to the chargrin of my father who would rather be at the dentist :)) this includes the shower. So, if you see him there don't gwak like you are seeing an odd species at the zoo. He's a sensitive fellow :) and I'd like to encourage him to remain just the way he is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yeah!! our shower is next thursday!
I am so excited for you...what a fun weekend you have ahead of you. CB was at one of the showers for our first girlie and I loved having him there...I am so glad I have that memory with him...Can't wait to hear all about the showers next week :) God Bless....Shannon
How fun. Enjoy!
So our situation was different 'cos we were pregnant but it still applies here... Hubby wanted to go to our shower because, as he said, he's the daddy, he's part of the child's life too and the shower is celebration of the coming of the kiddo so why would he not go? I think it's awesome that Brian wants to be there! Have fun!
Cool...I've got friends who are throwing me a shower this weekend too!! :o)
Did you know that I've been a lurker on your blog for quite some time now?! :o) I want to say that I commented one time before. I can't even remember how I found it. I'm so terribly excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little boy!!
Have a FUN weekend!!
Blessings,
Jenn
OOPS!!! I accidentally posted under my daughter, Lexie's, account! :o) I think she follows your blog too...maybe she was the one who directed me to it!
Blessings,
Jenn
Autumn and Brian!
Have a WONDERFUL time at your shower. I am so excited for you--you are surrounded by so many people that love you and support you--at home an here online. Enjoy every moment!
Smiles and showers,
Melissa
Have so much fun celebrating your beautiful boy! I have so many great memories of those first showers and yes I got Jason to one of them. You are so excited for that first child (like you are for all of them, the first is just different) and it is so fun to share it with family and friends.
Post a Comment