Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Big Praise

On Monday night Elias slept through the night. First time. BIG. DEAL. Last night I thought he did until I saw the bottle in his room...guess Brian got up once. 1 time isn't quite as good as zero BUT way better than the usual 2-3 times. Even if it was just a fluke it was awesome waking up at 5:30, exchanging glances, exchanging words...did you get up? no...did you? no. Then celebrating with the feeling of being rested.

We needed that.

Some may be wondering why our 8 and 1/2 month old just experienced his first all nighter without interruptions. Short answer...we aren't ready to force it. We are still trying to teach him that we will show up when he cries and that we will make it all better.

It was heaven :)

10 comments:

Paul and DeeDee said...

Thanks Autumn! I have been reading your sister's blog and she is so sweet! We have been praying for her! I would love to bring things for her if she is still there when we travel....I am still holding out for July:)

Renee said...

woohoo go elias...

nell ann said...

Congrats! I hope many more of those are in your future!

JonesEthiopia said...

yay! I remember how fabulous that was the first time R slept through the night. I woke up in a panic around 5am thinking she had stopped breathing or something.... Nope, just sleeping peacefully in her bassinet! It was amazing!

Rachael said...

I was looking at the pictures from your last post. What is the nursery bedding you have in Elias' room? I can only see the bedskirt but it looks like one I have seen several months back that I liked and can't remember where I saw it. Love the blue color on the wall too. Oh yeah, and if you don't mind me asking, how much did Elias weigh and how old was he when you brought him home and he didn't fit in the infant seat? i just registered for my shower and didn't know whether to get one or not. Right now Mekonen is 2 months old. At one month he weighed 6 lbs. Not sure what he is now. What bigger carseat did you get? Do you like it? Since you didn't have a newborn infant, what things did you register for? (sorry if this is random since I only know you from the blog world).

Jessica said...

Congratulations!!! that's such a big deal! :) YAY!!! Fyi...the "fluke" will quickly change to "on purpose"! WOOHOO!!!!
:) :) usually it tapers down 2-3, then 2-. then 1. then 0! but sometimes it goes straight down!

Jana said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Sleep. It's a good thing.

Mandy said...

I always loved the first time they slept through the night... and then freaked out that something was wrong and had to go check on them. That's awesome he's starting to adjust so well so quickly! Congratulations!

Phronsie said...

Woo hoo! Xavi didn't sleep all night till he was 15 months old. I know why you do it the way you do (it makes a lot of sense) and I can also understand the woo-hoo ness of waking up rested!! :)

Meade family adoption said...

Way to go Elias!!! But you need to give Natalie some lessons, we're, well I'm, still up atleast once a night.