Friday, April 17, 2009

Elias' 1st Easter

Easter celebration started Saturday night with dying Easter eggs. Earlier in the evening I spent a good chunk of time explaining the Easter Bunny to Almeu and Israel. I told them once they fell asleep a giant bunny would sneak in the house and leave them candy. Israel asked, "Hows it get in?" I told him it was magic. He suggested that maybe the bunny would break through the sliding glass door then repair it with magic. Alemu turned around and said, "Dad, you bunny?" Dad put his hands behind his head like rabbit ears and said, "do I look like a bunny to you?" Alemu replied, "no...cow." Oops. Later that night when going to bed Alemu said he was scared of the bunny. Israel slept with his head facing the door so he could hear the bunny come in the house.Smelling the vinegarCheezin' it up because they were sick of us taking pictures

Sunday morning...
Annual Easter morning Kiwanis breakfastThe boys were scared of the bunny with the man inside at breakfast so they wanted their picture taken on the side of the road with this not scary plastic bunny.Almeu and Israel were fighting about who got to sit with Elias. Brian's solution was to kick me out of the front seat and tell Israel he could sit there. I wasn't so happy about that idea. Israel loved it. He would stick as much of his body out the window as possible, wave and scream at everyone we passed, "APPY EASTER, ELLOW!"Almeu and Elias are truly best friends
Elias wasn't having the pictures by the flowers.
Silly string fight
The boys really wanted Elias to go in the lukewarm hot tub with them. I put his swimmer diapers and board shorts on...while I was doing so he said, "MAMA" for the first time! I think the pictures explain how Elias felt about the hot tub. Annual scavenger hunt (this was the first year Brian and I were "too big" so we helped the little boys read their clues) Mom accidentally told Israel to run in the wrong direction which made him mad. He is the KING of pouting so he basically complained the rest of the time.
Battle of the wills Still pouting...
A rare smileAlemu LOVED this and was bummed he was at the end looking for a present because he wanted more clues
Israel was all smiles once he found his gift
Alemu's waterproof watch was hidden in the pool. He changed into his bathing suit so he could dive and get it.

We had a great Easter!

4 comments:

Clark and Sarah said...

I love the Easter pictures. Your new brothers are so cute.

Michael and Michelle said...

What a GREAT Easter! Wow a difference than last year......Man, God is good!!!!

Michelle

Our journey said...

What great pictures Autumn. The little guy looks like he is doing great and you brothers and amazing. What a beautiful family!

A

Kristi J said...

great pics, kristi