Monday, April 13, 2009

College Buddies

A couple weekends ago we had a mini-reunion with Brian's college pals. It was a lot louder than past get togethers but a lot more fun (in my opinion) because of all the kids that have recently been added to the group!

This was Brian's last day of being a stay-at-home Dad so while I was at work they went to lunch at Panera and took a trip to the beach. I later found out this was a very eventful day for Elias. It also made me concerned about what had really been going on at home for the entire month previous when it was just Brian and Elias and there was no one around to tattle on him. Here's what I'm talking about...

Elias eats his first pickle. Not sure it would have been my choice for lunch but he really does love them now. Then, Brian decides to show off for his friends (just a guess) and gives our son a PEPPERCINI. Yes, he really did give an 8 month old a peppercini to suck on.

UN-BE-LIE-VABLE!

Elias plays in the sand

He chills with his new buddy Ryder


He hangs with Dave to break him in for having future babies


He discovers he has a tongue, learns to stick it out, and hasn't stopped doing so since.


He eats sand.

Seriously, I wonder what else would have happened in this day if hadn't of showed up at 7pm.

Oh wait! I can't forget about Elias' first fight! No one told me about this. I discovered it all on my own when downloading photos off the camera. Now I did not rearrange the order of these photos. I just slapped them on here in the same order they came off the camera.


Elias bites RyderIt's ok...they're still friendsRyder decides to seek revenenge and pushes Elias in the cheek Elias starts to cry

Ryder decides he's not done so he pulls a Tyson and goes for the earElias contemplates his next move...should I pull his hair or pop him in the back of the head? Elias decides he's not a fighter after all and maybe he should just cry so his Dad will rescue him. Ryder gives him the stare down and reminds him that "you started it all with your biting...I just finished it"

Also present was the Double Trouble Duo. Not really. Apparently there is such a thing as a well-behaved 2 year old. Who knew?

Ty and Kaylee loved "jumping"


On Saturday we all headed to the Point Loma track meet. This was the 1st track meet I had ever been to and due to the fact that I was in charge of a 2 year old and an 8 month old I really only saw 1 race. It was when we first showed up and I was in the long line for the bathroom. Regardless it was still pretty fun. It was also fun experiencing what it would be like with 2 kids (we got to babysit Ty...the cutie in the photo above...for the day). He was my new BFF by the end of the day :)Elias and his infectious smileDoesn't Brian look good playing with a pink ball and a little girl? Kaylee gives me some Diva poses in her sunglasses while her buddy Ty takes a snooze

These next photos were taken by our friend, Jenna who is a pro. I LOVE them. There were some of Elias and her 9 month old daughter together but I don't quite know her well enough to put pics of her kiddo on the internet without permission :) If you live in the OC and want pictures like these check out finaphotography.com...except your pictures won't have this cutie pie in them so it won't even be close to the same




This serious, observant, spaced out kinda look is the vibe Elias gives off about 40% of the time. The other 60% is the smiling and giggling version. His personality has definitely blossomed over the past 2 months together. For a while it was hard work to get anything other than this content stare. Now he smiles easily :)

6 comments:

christa said...

How fun! Brian was brave giving him the pepper! But, you never know until you try?...lol. I'm glad to see everything is going so well still. He's just as gorgeous, if not more, as the day we all got to see his pictures for the first time. You should be a proud, proud mamma!

And good for him for not fighting back...he's going to love those pictures when he grows up. Keep the commentary with them!

Three2Five said...

cutie pa tootie!

Renee said...

As usual way to cute. *note to self* never leave the man alone with the child haha. I guess our ethiopian cuties like the spicy stuff.

Tamara B said...

Autumn, thanks so much for the encouraging note. I love story of your folks' adoption. A few months back I asked you for a link to their story because you kept mentioning they were adopting too. I loved it just as much the second time around.

PS: I love the pepper. I tried lemon on my kiddos early and they love them still. They also eat spicier food than I do (and I'm half mexican).

Dawn said...

OK the little fight thing - hilarious!! i love the fact that you found them while downloading. that's awesome. and leave it to guys to just sit back watch them fight and take pics. hahahaha.

i have to go lay in bed now and TRY to sleep but i dont know if thats really going to happen b/c well I'M LEAVING FOR ETHIOPIA TOMORROW!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

Maria and Family said...

time with daddy is always an adventure !! he is beyond cute as always :)