Elias has mastered stairs. He loves to walk using the bansiter or crawl up the stairs. Sometimes he can get back down on his own and sometimes he can't. I'm just grateful the only stairs are at his grandparent's houses. This is a mobile picture (thus the quailty) of the very creative and ghetto table/baby gate that my parents put up at their house. My Mom said he was furious the first time they put this up.

Elias loves to mimic. As seen here, mimicing his Auntie sticking her tongue out.
He copies anything having to do with the mouth whether it be a sound, motor boat lips, a cough, etc.
Elias still loves to be outside. If he is outside and whoever has him takes him inside he screams right on cue. I think if he had the choice he would never be indoors.
Elias still loves to be outside. If he is outside and whoever has him takes him inside he screams right on cue. I think if he had the choice he would never be indoors.
Elias has 4 teeth which are super cute and make him look so old. His 5th is on the way...
Elias has mastered the sippy cup.
He eats only big people food a.k.a table food and his favorite food right now is meat (of any kind).
On Father's Day, 1 day before he turned 11 months old Elias took his first steps. I officially have a walker. So far his record is 8 consecutive steps. It has been increasing daily so I think it will only be a short time before he is walking everywhere instead of crawling.
Elias still loves music which leads to the fact that all his favorite toys right now are ones that make music. He loves to dance! Elias' dancing comes in two forms. The first dance is the "stand and squat." He stands up, holds on to a table or chair, and laughs while doing squat repetitions. The second dance is the "on your knees and thrust." Elias kneels, grabs ahold of something in front of him and thrusts to the music. Yes, it is as inappropriate as it sounds. Luckily, he has only done this dance once in public and while I did not get kicked out of the store like I thought I would... it was mildly mortifying and outrageously funny.
Payless Shoes. Loud Music. Grabbing on to a pole in front of a full length mirror. Elias begins the "on your knees and thrust" dance. It lasts until Mommy finally stops laughing and rips the very happy now screaming baby off of the pole. Baby continues screaming at an alarming rate and Auntie Em is forced to remove him from the store.
This is the remnant of a tantrum when we wouldn't let him crawl into the pool by himself.
In addition to the full blown temper trantrums and screeching whenever he doesn't get his way Elias has also started biting. At first I thought nothing of it because the only thing he would bite is my toes. I am sure it was my reaction that caused him to think it was hilarious and that is why he continues to bite my toes on occassion. Now it has turned into something quite different. Elias bites constantly... but only one person. He bites his Uncle Israel. ALL. THE. TIME. Israel bugs Elias. He wants to play with him, give him attention, etc. but it is to a level where it can certainly be classified as smothering. Israel is always in Elias' face, touching him, trying to pick him up and so on. He has good intentions and honestly loves Elias so much he just can't stay away...but he drives Elias crazy. We are constantly telling Israel to stop bugging. His reply is, "I not bugging. I yust yoking" or "I yust play with him." It has gotten to the point now where if Israel just speaks to Elias he tries to bite him. His teeth are so small and he leans forward in slow motion so it isn't an actual bite that hurts but his intentions are perfectly clear. Israel responds by shouting to everyone that Elias is biting, telling me he is naughty, and insisting that he is going to spank him. We then tell him that no one is spanking Elias, and he certainly isn't allowed to do so with which he responds, "I know, I know. He's naughty." Is it just me or does it sound like I already have a toddler?
Although Elias is extremely opinionated (fits our family of first borns well) and thinks he's bigger than he is, he still has days like yesterday where he reminds me he's still my baby. Elias can be a total Mama's boy. He loves to cuddle and wants me to hold him all day long. He'll even cling to me with a death grip if he thinks I will put him down.
My baby boy is getting "so big!"
11 Things We Love About Elias
1. His massive open mouth smile.
2. The way he opens his mouth as wide as he can in anticipation for a bite. Even if the food is still 3 feet away.
3. His soft, beautiful curls.
4. His baby teeth.
5. His strong nature and determination.
6. How he loves to be held.
7. When he gives me kisses if I ask, "Can Mama have kisses?"
8. His perfectly kissable lips which make it impossible to not be smooching on him all the time.
9. His beautiful brown eyes that are deeply observant.
10. His dancing. He's already better than me.
11. How he is just excited to see me as I am to see him.
6 comments:
Silas loves to be outdoors also. We have already learned that is the place to be if we want to calm him down. It's great to see that Elias is doing so amazingly well!!
Hey Autumn, we have a screamer too. BIG tantrums over here--HUGE protests and screaming. We also love to hit and throw toys at people when we're mad at them. :( I've never had a tantrum kid before. Its really challenging! I thought I was an 'experienced mom' but this is completely unchartered. I'm glad to hear that Daniel isn't the only one. :) Of course they have their lovely moments too--just very strong willed and opinionated (which will be a great quality when he's older, hopefully).
Oh My Gosh! That kid is so cute. I love your pictures and journaling. Thanks for so faithfully sharing with all of us.
Elias, your Mimi loves you!
Eleven things I love about Elias - as told by his auntie:
1. The way he snuggles with me when I put him to sleep.
2. The way he hold my necklace for security.
3. His kisses.
4. His chocolate brown eyes.
5. The huge tears that stay on his cheek after he cries.
6. The way he mimics me - it can go on for 10 minutes.
7. His soft baby skin.
8. That he loves to play with my hair when he is falling asleep.
9. He has no fear of anything...including the pool.
10. His laugh.
11. His love for raspberries on his stomach.
I love you Elias.
He's so cute!
For R, when she got mobile, our solution to the stairs issue (ours are like your parents') was a flat cardboard box that had once held a kitchen cabinet. R hated it, too!!
Elias and Natalie are a lot alike! She is also very strong willed and knows what she wants and when she wants it, fears nothing, and is a master at breaking out of our "gates" we formulate out of things lying around the floor. She's something else, and I too am treading unchartered waters. She is also a hitter, and a thrower. Whew, I've got my hands full! I'm getting too old for this stuff. Elias is one handsome little guy by the way.
Post a Comment