Monday, June 15, 2009

Love Via Text Message

Yesterday we had a birthday party for me. It was a lot of fun. It was a Mexican themed party with margaritas and mexican food. We bought a pinata and the boys loved it just as much as we thought they would.

A couple days ago as the family was talking about my party a very funny conversation took place. I was at my house so Emily let me in on the conversation via text message.

"Alemu asked Dad to buy a sheep so he (Alemu) can slaughter it for your birthday. I think it's love."

Followed by:

"Dad said no."

I love having brothers...especially ones who still don't understand American culture, it keeps life really interesting!

7 comments:

The B Family said...

That's hilarious!
Perhaps your pinata served as the sheep?

jodes said...

How SWEET and HYSTERICAL!!! :o)

Unknown said...

c'mon, dad!

Emily said...

I feel the same way Lori. Everyone needs to have a sheep slaughtered for them once in their life.

cb4swife said...

Too funny! Happy Birthday! God Bless...Shannon

Maria and Family said...

OHMY GOSH!!! That is soooo funny! I had to share that with Michael we had a good laugh :) Remember its the thought that counts :) How is emily doing??

A&W said...

too cute!!