Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Fun Filled Weekend

The weekend of June 6th was packed with activities, fun times and exhaustion. On Thursday we spent the day at Sea World. Lots of relatives were in town for Jake's graduation so we took the day to have fun together at a place that was new for all the kids! Elias fell asleep during the first show.Watching Shamu!
The three big kids wanted to go on the water rides. My Mom was the only adult willing to make the sacrifice. Despite nasty clouds and threats of showers it turned out to be such a nice day we all came home with souvenir sun burns despite the sun screen.

Cousin Savannah and Alemu

Mom, Israel and Alemu

Alemu yelling and Savannah waving

Elias touching a ray (I think) with Auntie Em

Alemu touching a ray

Ashley and Sophia
Mimi and Elias
Grandma and Israel
After an open to close day at Sea World on Thursday we headed out for another long day on Friday. We left just over an hour early for Jake's graduation so we could save 3 rows of bleachers for the whole gang. Elias walked along the rows and hung out with Mimi, Papi and I while we waited. Yawning...before it even began. Elias was fussy and super snotty. I was worried I let him touch too much and walk too many places at Sea World. I'm not a germ-a-phob Mom and I thought he was sick...turns out he broke his top right tooth. Although wonderful on Thursday, Friday was a much tougher day for Elias.
Jake's big moment!
3 hours later we were back at home to celebrate. We had a BBQ with all the fam. Our first nearly complete family picture...we were only missing Brian.


After hanging out all day Friday we headed back up on Saturday. The boys played outside and the girls played cards. Elias and Great-Grandma were both pooped. Saturday was Grandma's 71st birthday so we had a big family dinner and party that night.

Sunday and Tuesday were both spent with Brian's family celebrating Uncle Kevin's birthday before he headed off to London!

And that was our fun-filled and uber-exhausting weekend

5 comments:

The Gresham Clan said...

Happy birthday and looks like you guys had a blast!

Maria and Family said...

What a fun day ! I love the picture of you and elias :) Soooo sweet .

Dawn said...

Wow - you did have a busy weekend, but fun stuff! ADORABLE pics too!

Kim said...

I am coming out of lurkdom to let you know that I have been hooked on your blog for quite a while. We decided on pursuing adoption next year, but have spent a few months deciding on a country. Your blog/experience/family have absolutely inspired us to really look more into the Ethiopia program. I am sure that you're very busy, but if you happen to have some free time to answer a few questions - I would really appreciate it!

Kim
trying4two at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I found your blog when searching for Ethiopian adoption blogs as my husband and I are currently looking into it.

I'm sure you're busy with your family, but I'd love any information you have on the process. Feel free to visit my blog at www.infertilityishard.wordpress.com

Also, feel free to email me at katrina470@hotmail.com

I know there is a lot of information out there, but I think the best info would come from people like yourself who have been through the process firsthand. :-D