Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Home Study

Ok, so I am WAY behind but I've been out of town. Here is the latest. On Monday (a week ago) I spoke with Adoption Alliance, the home study agency here in San Diego. I learned that there will be 3 home study meetings, two at their office, one at our house. We will be attending educational classes at their facility with other families who are adopting during the end of March and beginning of April. I am very excited because the coordinator said there were a lot of families adopting from Ethiopia right now and we would get to meet quite a few who live close to us. I am really excited about that. We need to turn in an application with them and then we will be assigned a case worker. I asked how long the process takes and was told that things will progress as quickly as Brian and I can get through the paperwork. We were told scheduling appointments with our social worker should not take long at all and that they are usually flexible and very available. Unless something unforeseen comes up, we were told to expect 2 months start to finish. I was also told that many times the Immigration form takes much longer than the actual homestudy. Since we will probably end up waiting for this form, the woman at the homestudy agency gave me instructions for getting the I-600-A in right away. She also said that the office was only open on Tuesdays during the morning so we should fill out the form tonight and I should pop by tomorrow morning. We are really excited about the homestudy although I have to admit this is the part that makes me the most nervous. I am also very excited to meet other people from San Diego who are adopting from Ethiopia.

No comments: