Friday, February 29, 2008
1 of 3 down!
We had our first appointment (of three) with our homestudy agency and social worker yesterday. It went really well. We got a large checklist of documents to gather, and signed a bunch there in the office. Our next appointment is March 5th (less than a week!) and we need to turn in the majoirty of the paperwork then. Since I was a little pushy about getting the appointments on the books we are going to be in a bit of a paperwork crunch time over the next couple of days. Still, I would rather have a couple of jam-packed paperwork days than be waiting a month for our next appointment :). I am expecting an e-mail from my social worker before Wednesday's appointment with some possibilities for scheduling the final appointment. We have our medical check-ups today and will finish our taxes and autobiographies tonight. After that the next big piece of paperwork is the police clearance/fingerprints. Hopefully we will get a fingerprint appointment scheduled sometime in the next couple days. The title of "PAPERCHASING" for this stage in our adoption is so appropriate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hello Autumn...I stumbled upon your blog from another Ethiopia Blog and I just wanted to say Hello. My hubby and I are adopting from Ethiopia too and are using AGCI. It is great to meet other couple who are on this great adventure! We have a blog too if you'd like to visit it is www.cb4swife.wordpress.com God Bless...Shannon in PA
Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel yet??? Your getting there...once the dossier is done it feels so good....until you have to wait for your FDL. Your won't take as long as mine did. Most people seem to wait around 8 weeks or less.
Thanks for celebrating with us.
Michelle
You are really cooking! I know about being a little pushy. It just feels like there is so much waiting, that you want to really book through anything that is in your control. Have fun with paperwork this weekend!
Amy
Good for you guys! Hope the next meetings go well.
This sounds so familiar! We flew our paperwork as well. Don't worry a HUGE load will be lifted when you are finished. Of course, then the waiting begins.
Post a Comment