Uuugggh. 22 days waiting on the FBI. As of late last week our names were still in the "to be processed" pile. Once they are eventually processed they get sent by snail mail to our homestudy agency. I asked if I could send them a UPS or FedEx label or pay extra to have it overnighted, anything - but the answer was no. Of course the bureaucrats have a system and we can't dare throw an overnight anything in the mix or the well-thought out, perfect, unalterable system would be messed up. Ok, enough with the sarcasm and complaining.On a more positive note our social worker is wonderful. Way back at the beginning, I asked her if she could please have everything done by the end of March. I thought this might seem a bit pushy but she was very understanding and knows how excited we are to be on the waiting list. She said she would do her best and she hasn't failed. Last night she told me she has the report written with the exception of our third reference (that will give me something to follow up on) and the sentence about us being cleared by the FBI. So our progress can be summed up to 22 days and waiting...
4 comments:
This waiting stuff stinks! This whole process is hurry up, wait. I wish I could just skip through the waiting!
It will be coming soon!
Amy
We are right there with you. We were not told by anyone that we had to do the FBI checks until three months into our homestudy, so we barely sent ours off last week. I'm bummed to hear that yours is taking so long...that doesn't look good for ours either then. The wait alone would be fine, but according to our contracts we were supposed to have our dossier in office tomorrow. I guess that won't be happening. I just hope ours is in by the end of April too. Good luck and I hope yours goes through soon!
Our FBI prints took 6 weeks to get back. After that our FDL took forever. Soon you will be a number!!! How exciting! I can't wait to see you added to the "wait" list.
Michelle
It's too cute that you're already counting days. Thanks for your encouragement. I know that God's soverignty will not be messed up by some slow typers...but you're right. Nobody (except fellow bloggers) understands our urgency. It's so good to be connected with others who actually "get" what's going on.
Thinking of you in your wait, too!
Post a Comment