
The medical forms are complete. The local police clearance has been turned in. One of three references has finished. We are down to needing 2 more references to finish (they just got the paperwork so I will give them some time!) and our clearance letters from Department of Justice, local sheriffs office, and FBI. ALL OF MY PAPERWORK is in. So here comes the hard part - not being in control of what is left and maintaining patience. We have our second homestudy appointment tomorrow and our third on the 16th.
We are starting to prepare for the home visit. Yesterday we bought a fire extinguisher, cupboard laches, outlet plug thingys, and foam bumpers for our sharp cornered coffee table. I wanted to show the social worker we are preparing even though it may be a year before there is a crawling baby in the house! To help pass the time I am thinking about doing a whole lot of unnecessary things like re-paint a living room wall a DIFFERENT shade of blue, paint the bathroom, put in closet organizers, and maybe start transforming the guest room into a nursery. I know the social worker won't care what color my walls are but this judgement is good motivation to get lingering projects done pre-baby.
And maybe we will plant some flowers in the flower pots that have been empty for 2 years, and finish tacking down the baseboard behind the t.v., and ...
We are starting to prepare for the home visit. Yesterday we bought a fire extinguisher, cupboard laches, outlet plug thingys, and foam bumpers for our sharp cornered coffee table. I wanted to show the social worker we are preparing even though it may be a year before there is a crawling baby in the house! To help pass the time I am thinking about doing a whole lot of unnecessary things like re-paint a living room wall a DIFFERENT shade of blue, paint the bathroom, put in closet organizers, and maybe start transforming the guest room into a nursery. I know the social worker won't care what color my walls are but this judgement is good motivation to get lingering projects done pre-baby.
And maybe we will plant some flowers in the flower pots that have been empty for 2 years, and finish tacking down the baseboard behind the t.v., and ...
3 comments:
Oh my goodness you are cookin' along. Before you know it you are going to time on your hands and it sounds like you are finding projects to do to keep yourself busy.
Amy
Wow! I'm so happy for you that you're getting everything done so quickly. When I read the part about turning the guest bedroom into a nursery I started to get really excited! I can't wait to be an aunt!
I can't wait to send off that packet too and to get to finally go get our fingerprints done for the I-600a. You guys aren't going to be too far behind at the rate you are moving!
Amy
Post a Comment