We can see the end of the pile! For our AGCI paperwork we still need police clearances and reference letters. Our references are working on their letters and I am hoping we can make a trip to our local police station with our notary tomorrow.
For our Adoption Alliance paperwork we are waiting on the reference letters and the results of our criminal background checks from the FBI and DOJ. We are told the FBI clearance could take a month but are really crossing our fingers to get it by the end of March. We need to go to the Dr.'s again today to show her the results of our TB test and then she can send in the medical report. I can't believe this but everything else is done!!
We got our third and final home study appointment scheduled. It is March 16th! I told our social worker we were really hoping to have a completed home study by the end of the month. She said a lot will depend on how quickly the clearances come back but she doesn't see why the end of the month wouldn't work since we are getting our paperwork in so quickly!!
1 comment:
How exciting! You are almost there! I am scared now though. We have been racing along to get everything done and then there will be this big whole with nothing to do. I know I will spend a lot of the time educating myself and reading everything I can get my hands on. I also know I will be twiddling my thumbs waiting!
Amy
Post a Comment