Friday, May 16, 2008

Hannah's Hope

Today, May 16th, my little sister is walking this road to Hannah's Hope Ethiopia. She is on her way to Burundi for a mission trip with other students, alumni, and faculty from Azusa Pacific. She decided to go a few days ahead of the rest and turn her couple hour layover in Addis Ababa into a couple day layover. I am so excited for her (and nervous too since I haven't received replies to my e-mails). I know God will use this experience to impact her life in such a positive way!! Although it is such an improbablity, it is so fun to think there is a teeny tiny chance that she could be meeting her future nephew today. WOW! Although they might not be there at the same time (our little boy might not be at Hannah's Hope yet) what an incredible bond that will be for the two of them to have. Emily won't be able to take any pictures but I am okay with that. We will be there soon enough. It will be so fun though to hear all about Addis Ababa, her experiences there and HANNAH'S HOPE!!

Emily

Hannah's Hope Ethiopia

4 comments:

Michelle Riggs said...

Don't worry about the email. when I was their the internet was down a lot.

I would love to read about your sisters trip. I wish that I was there too.

D said...

Is there a certain mission group your sister is doing her trip with? I'm wanting to do a mission trip when I complete graduate school and would love to go to Ethiopia.

Dawn

Brian and Autumn said...

Hey Dawn,
My sister is not going with an organization. There is a small group of 7-8 of them who all know each other from Azusa. They are going to Burundi and working with a pastor there to start a Christian school. They will be doing construction on the school, supplying cirriculum, possibly doing a VBS, and helping the women start agricultural businesses. They are hoping to start a non-profit organization to support the school when they get back to the U.S.

C said...

that is so neat!