Friday, May 2, 2008

Sometime This Next Month?!?

We received an update e-mail from our agency. There are still NO referrals, but they tried to assure us that nothing was wrong, they are just still gathering documents for the children. We were told in our e-mail that referrals would be coming soon, meaning sometime this next month. Hmm, when I think "soon" I don't think "in the next month." Monday is soon, within the next 4 weeks, not so much. I guess it is all relative. Right now, with no referrals for 6 weeks (ouch) it seems like this is going to take FOREVER. I suppose though, once we have our baby FOREVER, this wait will seem like a brief distant memory. Up until this point the wait has been okay, but if we don't move down (at least 1 spot) soon the patience is bound to fade!

In the meantime, we got stylized by Blogs for a Cause. It cost $20 and all of the money goes toward good causes. So for now, we will wait, at #12, lovin' our new and improved blog!

10 comments:

Jana said...

Your new blog look is very, very cute!!! It's always fun to check in and see something new. Like you, I am growing slightly(or maybe not so slightly) impatient for some movement on the referral front! Hope you have a great day!

Michael and Michelle said...

Nice blog!
That's funny about "soon" I said the same thing. Soon to us is NOW...soon to agencies is before the 4th of July.
Referrals should be soon....meaning within two weeks (that's my thinking).
Michelle

Dawn said...

Hello. I love your list on the side of your page showing where everyone is in the process! I'm very impressed at how fast your process has been so far - that's great. I hope you hear something very soon!
~Dawn

Phronsie said...

I like the new look!

I'm guessing that all this waiting and paperwork is why some people call adoption a "paper pregnancy"... I'll be praying that things move along for you! I'm so excited for you! :)

C said...

I am feeling that you will have a new # by this Thursday and a referral in 2 weeks!!!! Wouldn't that be great!!! Well just wanted to let you know we were thinking about you all and that our internet is working again so I will be able to keep up with everyone again!!

Our journey said...

Soon-where do they get their definition? I am impatient to move a little too. Praying for God to move some mountains and get the paperwork flowing so we can get some children home. Hey, if they need help getting paperwork, we are all experts on getting it done quickly : )!!!!

Amy

The Gresham Clan said...

Your blog is adorable! It is crazy how long its been for referrals to move. Just think, if you're in the China program, soon is 2 years :)! Crazy - huh. I'm praying God moves the papers that need to be moved and that you see a new number this week!!!

Kristin

The Osborne Family said...

Your blog looks GREAT! I like the comment about "soon." I feel the same way: soon = NOW! LOL. The Ethiopia wait is actually one of the shorter waits, but I can still understand where you are coming from! We're waiting for a Vietnam referral and that wait is indefinite. Here's to referrals moving quickly in all countries!

Allison O.
http://osbornejourney.blogspot.com

Our journey said...

Ok, I think soon is up! Where are those referrals?????

Amy

The Redman's said...

Well, the trend used to be that as soon a group traveled..... a group of referrals went out! I hope this trend continues and that a lot of referrals are going to take place THIS week!!! Hang in there!!!

-Suzi Redman