Monday, November 3, 2008

Change

Sometimes change is good but it can be hard to accept. We are currently in the middle of a big change in the Ethiopian court process. A new step has been added and all paperwork is now being reviewed by an additional entity. We have been told that this new step will add time to our adoption. Unfortunately that is all we know. The time frame is uncertain. This additional step is aimed at ensuring the legality of adoptions and trying to keep children with living biological parents if at all possible. We anticipate hearing more details soon (rumor tells me we might even be allowed to know our court date). For now it feels as though all we can do is pray. I have been praying that we pass the first time around, whenever that might be, as we want our baby boy home as soon as possible. We have also been praying for the other families in similar situations to ours and hope they hear good news soon so children can be united with the families that love them so much.

8 comments:

Laurzie said...

Oh my goodness. I hadn't heard about the additional step yet. I'm sure that must be so frustrating to have additional wait time tacked on. Praying right now for you for peace, and patience, and that the Lord would also speed the process along for you. Blessings!

Unknown said...

I will pray that you also make it through on your first date. Your son will be with you soon, and I just pray that God fills your time waiting with happy excitement and peaceful anticipation. I can't wait until you have your son home with you.

Jana said...

I think it's a good sign that some of us were able to get the additional approval. It looks like they're doing it in an organized fashion so hopefully you'll be getting that call soon!!

Michael and Michelle said...

I don't think it will be too long for you guys! How are your parents?

Michelle

Melissa said...

I am praying for you Autumn! Definitely you are in my every thought---

Jana said...

Pretty darn cool huh? Thanks for your encouragement. Soon I'll be responding to your post that you're travelling!

Maria and Family said...

(((HUGS)) I know this is so hard.

Jana said...

I think we're going to wait until we get back. I just don't want to mess with it and I don't want to put anyone elses adoption in jeopardy. You never know if they get weird about stuff. But I did just find out Mr.Fatty weighs 21 lbs at just under 5 months. My almost 3 year old weighs 25lbs!!! :)