Wednesday, February 4, 2009

100% Improvement!!!

Since we wrote last a lot has changed. Elias has improved 100% each day and night. The antibiotics are definitely kicking in and we are starting to see his real personality. He is all smiles and giggles especially right after he wakes.. He has gone from waking up 5 times a night to only twice. The only time he fusses is when he is sleepy. He fights going to sleep but Almaz warned us about that. Brian has been able to put him to sleep once and that was it. Other than that he screams his head off until I come and hold him.. He will usually fall asleep in my arms within 5 minutes.. When I have him in the moby wrap it is more like 2 minutes. Although I feel bad for Brian, I have to admit it is nice that he finds a special comfort in me. Even when we have gone back to HH the special mothers who soothed him the first day when he was scared of us and not feeling well can no longer comfort him. He will fuss around them and almost immediately when they give him back he is quiet. There is one special mother who is especially attached to him. She has cried every time we have gone to HH. She takes him within 2 minutes of us walking through the gate.. She is the only one he doesn’t fuss with.

Today we had the meeting with the birthmother. She was 45 minutes late because of transportation and we were worried she wasn’t going to come. When she did it was hard. I will save the details for Elias but we know that she loves him very much and did what she thought was best. We all spent the ½ meeting crying (even Almaz as she translated).

Elias is an absolute joy. He LOVES to play with daddy. He gets bored easy a.k.a. high maintenance. He loves to look out the window, ride in the car, or go for a walk. He smiles and laughs easily and will play with anyone and let anyone hold him as long as he isn’t tired. If he is tired then it is Mommy only. Although I am exhausted having to rock him to sleep every time he needs to nap or go back to bed I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

We can’t wait for all of you to meet him. He is wonderful and I am sure you are all going to be just as in love as we are.

Love,
Autumn (and Brian)

15 comments:

christa said...

I've been checking a million times a day to read about your little boy! I'm sorry he's not feeling well! But, you've been given the opportunity to bond faster with him because of it.

I am beyond happy for you both and can not wait to see pictures!

Congrats, Mommy and Daddy! Your turn has finally come!

Travis M. Nelson said...

Glad your son's doing better, but how in the world have you had time to write almost 1,500 words while you're there?

Renee said...

Yeah so glad you have your boy..I have been checkin your blog daily. Its one of the things helping to keep me sane during this endless wait. If you see baby T please kiss him and tell him how anxious we are to see him. I know you have your hands full. Can't wait until your home and we can see pics of the family togeather.

Jana said...

well, no wonder he was not feeling well. Double ear infections and teething with runny nose. That is all misserable! I am so glad to hear he's doing better. How special that he's bonded to you already! Can't wait to meet him and see pics of you all together!!! :) HE'S YOURS FOREVER, YEAH!!!!

neely said...

So awesome...you are all together! I love that he already wants you most...so sweet!

Meade family adoption said...

Oh Autumn and Brian......I'm so happy for all 3 of you, enjoy every moment my dear!!!!!!! Tell Elias his cousin Natalie says HI!!!!

jody said...

so glad things are better-i have been thinking of and praying for you guys-God must've put you all on my heart right when you were in the thick of it w/Elias' upsetness!! find my little lady and squeeze her for me please!!! have an AWESOME rest of your trip!!

Anonymous said...

Autumn,

So great to hear an update! I'm praising God with you...congratulations!!! I can't wait to see more pics of your boy.

With love,

Sunday

missy said...

i'm so glad you are with your boy. and glad that things are going better. i can't imagine what it felt like to have him inconsolable. my baby's birth mother has been on my heart so much lately, so it was moving to hear about that emotional visit. what a gift that meeting will be for elias someday. i can't wait to see pictures.

Dawn said...

SO glad that he is doing better! Poor guy. Happy to hear he loves his mommy too!! Can't wait to hear more! Hug my little man please!!
~Dawn

Sarah said...

Congratulations, you guys! So happy for you!

Can't wait to be where you are now!

Sarah

Robs said...

cant wait to see pictures of your family of 3!!!!!! :)

C said...

don't get freaked out Bobs comment Bobs blog is my husbands old deleted blog account but some how I signed in under it sorry, I can't wait to see your family of 3!
C

cb4swife said...

I am glad I double checked...I thoought I left you a comment...but I didn't...but you are probably home by now resting up with your new little guy...I can't wait to see pictures of all 3 of you too. I am gald he is better! Love ya....Shannon

Dawn said...

Are you home?!?!?!