When we got the update about Elias pre-travel we found out he ate 2-3 oz. every 2 hours. He now eats 6 oz. every 3-4 hours. It was a really easy transition. We started right away with 4 ozs. and knew after a couple days that wasn't enough because he was angry each time he finished. He always lets us know when he has had enough which is really nice too. We go to the doctor tomorrow and I will talk to him about getting this chunky monkey on some solids. His night time routine is a lot more structured than naps. He falls asleep between 6:15 and 6:30pm. He always wakes at 2:30am for a bottle and diaper change. Yes...that is a full 8 hours!!!! Since we have been home he has been waking up at 11:30pm for a bottle but in Ethiopia he would go straight from 6:30-2:30. He is up again at 5:30am and is awake for good. It's early but when he goes to sleep later he still wakes at 5:30 on the dot. I really have no complaints when I have a baby who is in bed more or less for 11 hours each night! I think this lends to the fact that overall I am really not as wiped as I was expecting. We have now been home a day and a half and things are great.
Elias is so much FUN!! He loves to laugh and play. He has the best back of the throat forced laugh. I will get some video footage soon. Also, this kid LOVES the bath. I think he will be a huge fan of Mimi and Papi's pool. We will be posting video of his bath soon too. He loves to kick his legs and splash everywhere! It is so funny. He has strong legs too because he will kick for as long as his bath lasts without tiring.
He can be a little fussy. It could be the teething or the fact that he is still sick to some extent...otherwise, Brian has it all figured out. As he put it, Elias is happy when a) his needs are met (i.e. he is full and not tired) and b) when he is being entertained. This kiddo always wants to be entertained. If he is not the center of attention he lets you know. Now if he was baby #2 that might be kind of annoying and unrealistic but so far it really hasn't been bad having a basically high maintenance baby. We love him being the center of attention and with 2 of us and 1 of him it isn't that difficult to always have someone playing with him. I completely understand though why Almaz was so happy to find out he was baby #1 for us.
*Please forgive the really cheesy Paint editing but I didn't want my blog to get blocked due to nudity.*
14 comments:
Autumn he is beautiful!! Simply adorable - so glad you guys are all healthy, happy,a and getting some rest :)
I don't think I have ever commented on your blog?? But I just had to today - congrats - you all are a lovely family!!!!
My blog is reesejourneytoourprincess.blogspot.com - although I won't be blogging anymore being that we are on hold indefinitely.
I wish you all the very best!!!
Take care Mindy
So happy to see you all togeather as a family. Elias is a beautiful boy for sure.
Just wanted to let you know that Xavi thinks Elias is cute. I was reading and he saw the pictures and just grinned the hugest grin. :)
well i think that sounds just like me-i am happy when all my needs are met and i am being entertained :)!! what's wrong with that?! :) haha. he is so super cute-and love the anti-nudity measures-hahaha!
He is so sweet and such a cutie!!! You guys are doing a wonderful job. :)
He is SOOO cute Autumn!! And I'm so glad that you are getting some sleep - that's awesome. And your brothers are so sweet... they look like they are stepping up to the "uncle" role very well! When do your parents travel?
I couldnt be happier for you guys! What a beautiful boy your SON is :) You brothers are very handsome too and seem mature. How many 10 yr old boys, would change a diaper?Very cool!!
What a BEAUTIFUL boy you have Autumn!! I am so glad your transition is going well!! Elias is just a cutie!!
I love his big, beautiful eyes! I also love his little baby fat roles when he's sitting in the bumbo seat..hehehe.
Hey Autumn! Welcome home! Your little guy sounds just like ours. He napped at really weird times and just like you said, some were 45 min, some 2 1/2 hours. Just in the last 2 or 3 days he's been taking a more consistant 1 1/2-2 hour nap twice a day. It's still a huge adjustment - and we've been home for 2 weeks now! Blessings to you and your new family!
Sunny
he's awesome guys ... I can't wait to hear that laugh :) ... I know you were busy doing updates for alot of families so it's probably doubtful but if you think you may have seen a perfect :) 3 month old boy there that is our son, can you email me and I can give you details ... luchttd at yahoo dot com. Thank you :)
So happy to see things going pretty smoothly. It took us between 2 and 3 weeks to get Yordy (her nicknmae at HH) on some sort of schedule. We are up at 6:30, bottle and nap between 9 and 9:30, down again at 1 and to bed at 7. She is finally sleeping about 1& 1/2-2 hours at each nap. Still having problems at night, but hey she has only been home a month : )
very sweet! Glad you are adjusting. Will you be able to take some time off? Who will care for him during the day? PS: I notice the razor in the last picture. Is he shaving already? Man, they grow so fast!!!! :)
Cute! Congrats guys
Post a Comment