
A week before we got Elias I was nervous. I wasn't nervous about being a Mom or about Elias himself. I was scared that becoming parents would completely change the relationship between Brian and I. I felt as though we were closing a chapter on a part of our lives together that had been great and I was afriad it might all change.

Truth is, it has changed. Not in the ways I imagined though. True we don't get as much alone time together but really it just makes the time we spend with one another that much more special. Although I love having Elias awake I also love it when he goes to sleep and I know I get alone time with Brian for as long as I can manage to stay awake.

Watching Brian and Elias interact together has only made my love for Brian grow that much deeper. I never questioned how he would be as a father. I would have never married him if I had any doubts in that area. He has only exceeded my expectations and hopes.

We have truly loved having Elias in our lives and we are both so in love with him!

Of all the stages in my life, this is by far my favorite. It is hard to imagine life getting any sweeter. God has blessed us far beyond what we could have ever dreamed for ourselves.

The best decision I ever made as an individual was to marry Brian. By far the best decision we have ever made as a couple was to start expanding our family through adoption.
I love my boys!!!!!
9 comments:
That was so beautiful. I may cry....children surely do change your life and your marriage, but we wouldnt have it any other way!! Elias is just beautiful! So happy for you :) btw...I didnt pass court. Hugs.
Autumn,
I love your pictures. I love your story. Every time I open your blog I just melt over how amazing God can make each of our lives. I can't wait for the day that He opens the door to the same stage of life...it will be so sweet for me, as I know it is for you!
I can't get over how much more fulfilled you and Brian look in your photos with Elias. He is the piece of the puzzle you guys were missing!
Hope everyone else returns (or has returned) safely from picking up your other boys!
what a dear post. you have such a precious family!
I agree with everyone...what a beautiful post. CB and I have often been sad when sesons change...but the next season is always sweeter and better. It is very obvious you are enjoying everything! God Bless...Shannon
really sweet! and i love all the pix's. you can tell he is a "natural":)
CUTE!!! Your little man is just a doll!!! Nice post.
Michelle
Your boys could not be more beautiful or lovable! I am so excited for you all!
Such a sweet post!! :)
How are things? It's been a week since we've heard from you. Hope all is well!
SO WONDERFUL! i love hearing your reflections. i feel the same way about my man. seeing him father my children has increased my love for him SO much, and its deepened my appreciation of his character and loyalty. I have such a great partner in him. I'm so glad you have a great man in Brian!!
Post a Comment