On Friday afternoon we sent the dossier (massive stack of paperwork which is a culmination of everything anyone could possibly want to know about us) to AGCI. Christy should receive it this morning and check to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. Once everything is approved then it will be off to Washington D.C. for the couple week journey of authentication. Once authenticated, it will be sent back to AGCI. Then AGCI will send our completed, authenticated dossier to Almaz, our facilitator in Ethiopia. She will have it translated into Amharic. Once we accept a referral, Almaz will take our completed, authenticated, translated dossier to the courts on our behalf. Crazy to think that soon there will be people in Ethiopia who know just about every detail of our lives. So, good bye dossier. Although you were a burden I remain positive that you will surely be worth it all in the end!
3 comments:
Congratulations! The photos are funny!
Love the post and the pictures! I will be praying all goes well tomorrow and you walk out with your FDL!
Amy
I'm looking forward to some news tomorrow or Wed. (I am assuming you will be walking out of the USCIS office with your FDL in hand)!!! Just think...you might be a number tomorrow!!!!!
I can't wait.
Michelle
Post a Comment