Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thoughts from Brian

After enjoying the nearly 3 months now of Autumn's posts I figured it's about time for me to share about how the adoption process has gone and how excited I am to know how close we are to bringing our son home. It's hard to imagine that just before Christmas Autumn and I shared with our families our intentions to adopt and here we are now about to be placed on the wait list to some day very soon meet our son who we've been praying many months for! I've been known to be a bit more emotional than Autumn and going through the adoption process is no different in bringing that out in me. It makes my eyes swell up with tears and my heart beat faster thinking about someday very soon having our first child in my arms. Autumn, to her credit, (along with the diligent work of our adoption agency and social workers) has made it her goal to make sure all the tedious paperwork has been completed accurately and quickly. I really think she's out to set a record for shortest paperwork phase. I don't know if it's anything special to say someone's "good at paperwork" but when it comes to paperwork, Autumn's the best.

Now that all the paperwork, or most of it, that we must complete is finished it's time to wait. . .

Not something either of us is good at, but one thing we've learned even at this stage of the process and that many adoptive parents learn, is to be patient. Patience will be important for us once we're on the wait list and see our names start at the bottom and move to the top as we anxiously await the referral of our child. To know what he'll look like, how old he is, how healthy he is are questions we have already discussed and are questions we so eagerly await to be answered. We know now that much like our decision to adopt in the first place everything is in God's hands. I pray daily for our child wherever he is, however he is, for his family, for their health, and that someday soon he'll come home safely with us.

2 comments:

C said...

I am glad to see another husnabd posting, I finally got my husnabd to post the other day. YOu an dmy husband are very much alike. I joke about him having the female emotions and I myself have the male emotions (when it comes to certian things!) Don't get me wrong my husband is the all american guy but with his relationship in Christ he now has an added emotinal side!!!! :) When it comes to this adoption he already loves our baby so much it chokes him up talking about it and that is such a blessing to my spirit and I am sure that Autmun feels the same way!! So to all you soon to be dads its wonderful to see the sensitve side when it comes to God, your wife , and your children!!!! :)

Unknown said...

awww. I have the sweetest big brother in the world. I can't wait to meet my nephew!