Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Home Study Approved!

Wow! Just when I think things can't get any faster our home study gets approved after the changes were just submitted last night. Have I told anyone how awesome Lori, our social worker or Michelle, our program director at Adoption Alliance are? They are so FAST!

We will receive our notarized copies of the home study tomorrow (Thursday) night at class. We can then send off our DOSSIER to AGCI on Friday. On Tuesday morning the 8th (walk-ins are only accepted on Tuesdays) Brian and I will go downtown and hand in our home study to immigration. The way the San Diego office does this is different than others. We turned in our I-600-A application in person back in February. I was then given that same day our fingerprint appointments for a week later. So they have had the completed application and fingerprints for a long time. We have 1 year after our fingerprint appointment to turn in our completed home study. There is a good chance that we will be handed our approval when we turn in the home study on Tuesday but there is also a possibility that it will be mailed to us a week later. Either way - we are so close to the WAIT LIST!! We can't wait to be a NUMBER ON THE LIST!

7 comments:

nell ann said...

You guys are moving so fast! You'll make the list before we do -- but that's ok. : ) I'm super excited for you guys!

nell ann said...

No word yet. I just emailed our SW to get some kind of update. The suspense is killing me. If only I had a reason it was taking so long (more paperwork to fix) or something else to do. Alas, our time will come!

Thanks for checking up on me. : )

Michael and Michelle said...

I can't wait for you to be a number!!! I sure hope you get it handed right back to you on Tues. How nice would that be!
Michelle

Our journey said...

I am so excited for you guys. That number is so important to all this. God certainly has a plan moving you guys forward so quickly. It will be exciting to see it all unfold.

Amy

Outdrsycple said...

Wow, how great is it that you could have your FDL within a week or two! We too hope to have our dossier off this week...might be pushing it a bit. I think our FDL process will be much longer though. Congrats though!

Unknown said...

Brian and Autumn,

Congratulations on completing your homestudy. You could be a number on Tuesday! That's fantastic.

Can't wait to see you on the list.
Sharon

C said...

it took me a long time to get Robbie to leave a post!!! ;)
I am glad that what my husband wrote helped, it is amazing how much I am learning through this adoption!! I am learning new things about God and learning old things in a new way (if that makes since?) Thank you for always leaving us a post! So maybe I missed this but I was wanting to expand our friendship and I was wondering what it is that you and your husband do for work?? I have beeen on the phone with one of our fellow bloggers and we really connected and it was great we started by emailing etc. so I was going to give you my e mail address and see if you wanted to email back and forth, we seem to have alot in common. No pressure!:)
gummie629@hotmail.com