Wednesday, April 23, 2008

12 and Holding

Yesterday I got a phone call from Julie from AGCI. Julie is not our case manager but called to tell me our case manager was on vacation and would not be calling me next week. Julie gave me an update on our status (a week sooner than I was expecting). We areStill no movement in the land of referrals. I asked Julie why things were at a stand still. She said they are trying to recover from the bountiful referrals from the previous couple months. Julie said they needed time to gather the legal documents for children before the referrals could be made. So hopefully all those papers get gathered soon and the next wave of referrals makes it this way! Meanwhile we are remaining surprisingly patient and at peace with no movement. School is keeping me busy. I have also applied for an adoption grant and have a few more applications waiting for me as soon as I can get to them. Brian just agreed to coach soccer again this year and try-outs are keeping him busy. So luckily we have enough going on in our lives to keep us from being able to dwell on our status for too long. We are still so happy to "just be on the list."

5 comments:

Outdrsycple said...

I'm glad to hear you are keeping busy. I bet referrals will pick up again soon. We are on the wait list, but still waiting to hear about our offical number...I can't stand the wait.

Our journey said...

I can imagine how hard it is too see no movement, but I bet there will be another avalanche of referrals after they get everything sorted out. I can't wait to see those numbers moving down for everyone as it brings them closer to their children.

Amy

Unknown said...

I know there will be a bunch of referrals VERY soon. I'm not sure how many, but there's definitely going to be room at the "inn" for all the new babies in the next few weeks.

cb4swife said...

I am just now trying to figure out how to keep busy not that we are a number too! Thanks for the info that you asked Julie...I'll be praying for more referrals soon too! God Bless...Shannon

Our journey said...

Thanks Autumn. I can't wait for some referrals and more travel info. I truly love to rejoice with these families and someday know it will be others rejoicing with me!

Amy