Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Calling All Elves

Thanks to the future Mimi we are having a fundraiser to help us put a dent in the estimated $3800 we are currently short for travel expenses. The fact that we have come this far in the adoption debt free still amazes us. Thank you to all of you who have supported us through prayers and financial gifts. We truly could not have done this without you! When we first contemplated this adoption Brian's biggest concern was finances and I told him we would just have to go on faith with this one. This was a temporary role reversal for us as normally I am the one worrying about money. Anyway, God did not let us down and we thank you who were a part of that. If you're feeling guilty because that sentence didn't apply to you, NOW is your chance to redeem yourself (just kidding!).

My Mom has organized a fundraiser for us on Saturday December 13th. We will be working a gift wrapping booth at Walmart on Los Coches from 8am-8pm. Our booth will be just outside the exit doors. Here's what you can do to help:

1) Donate Supplies
  • wrapping paper
  • ribbon
  • bows
  • tissue paper
  • gift bags
  • shirt boxes
  • tape

2) Work a Shift - no you don't have to be an expert gift wrapper. A so-so wrapper will do. So don't let that be your excuse! We are talking about Walmart in East County people so I can't imagine expectations will be that high. I am kind of kidding :) If you are thinking about being offended, don't be. I shop there too.

3) Come by the booth and let us wrap your gifts! (Although for you we will be expert wrappers and not just so-so wrappers).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea for raising money!! i love it! i know the financial aspect was Curtis' biggest reservation too, and it was SUCH a blessing to see the Lord provide!

Three2Five said...

What a good fundraising idea. Hmmm! maybe I will fly to Cali. just to have my gifts wrapped by you. J/k but wouldn't that be fun?

Our journey said...

Great idea! I will bring my gifts down-ha,ha! You know I would if I was just a little closer. I am glad you have something to focus on to help get you to the 31st.

Jessica said...

How would you like to aquire the items I have to donate? ;) I live in El Cajon. I will likely be in Alpine one of these days but who knows! :) Let me know.

Maria and Family said...

What a smart idea and fun too! Good luck :) Maria

Kristi J said...

Good luck with your fund raising...Walmart was a great idea, kristi

Troy said...

ROADTRIP! (Man, I wish!) Have a great time ... the day will fly by, you'll have a awesome time, and you'll see how the Lord works in His ways...