I spoke with our case manager yesterday and was told she has not yet been able to get ahold of the HH director but is hoping to touch base today. We should hear more details as to what is going on with our case and what is being done to fix the problems by the end of the week. We have also learned that the previous photo misunderstanding may, in fact, be correct and all of us are more or less waiting for confirmation that other traveling families will no longer be allowed to take photos for us. I have not lost all hope yet as we haven't heard any of this from AGCI directly but we are fairly certain this will be the case. Since AGCI doesn't do child updates or photos until just weeks before travel this could mean an even more difficult next few months. We will see. We were very blessed though to hear from 2 families who traveled about our baby boy. Here is what we heard:
Hey Autumn, I held your little one in Ethiopia! He is so sweet and so very small still. He is getting better head control and loves to be held. He did NOT appreciate being put down :) He just stares into your eyes and is waiting for you to snuggle and hold him! It was such a pleasure to see him. He still looks like the picture you have just a little more filled out with a slightly rounder face. Sorry I was not able to take pics... Thank you again for the honor of holding your baby! -Connie
I did get to see B. He seemed really little and is super cute! I saw him outside in the courtyard the last day (Doug escorted us over). Most of the time he was sleeping, but he seemed like a very content and happy baby when he woke up. -Kendra
Thank you so much Connie and Kendra for taking notes on Elias B. These few sentences are so helpful during this temporary separation. After reading these updates Brian let me know he is ready to snuggle!
11 comments:
I hope you get great news by Friday!!!!!
Do you know why traveling families aren't allowed to take pictures of the waiting kiddos at HH???? That's a huge bummer.
I couldn't beleive how a few sentences could totally make my heart soar. What an incredible blessing to hear a little bit about our little ones.
I am praying you hear news by Friday too...so glad you had a nice time in NYC...God Bless...Shannon
Soon.
I'm so glad you got to hear such wonderful things about Elias! That would be really great if we could travel together. I don't know if I like not knowing where we are in the court process or not, but I feel for you guys and the feelings of being out of control of the paperwork. God does have his timing and soon your boy will be in your arms:)
Glad you heard news on your little Elias! I will be praying for you as I know you will deeply miss your sister!
Such wonderful news about your little Elias!!! We found out that "L"'s hair has really grown since our pictures. Anyways, to answer your question, no we do not have a court date yet!!!
I am realy praying that you hear soon that everything was taken care of with your file.
It's so great to hear news about our babies. No news on the court date yet -- Christy hasn't returned my call, so I'm just going to call Julie tomorrow.
I tagged you:)
Thanks for keeping us all updated. Keeping you in my prayers! You little guy sounds adorable. :)
you must be so proud of your sister! How cool is that? I am really glad you recd some awesome reports of your little guy. I know that had to make your heart sing! Maria
Post a Comment