Monday, November 17, 2008

News

Well we received news of our court date, December 31st! What a way to end 2008 :) We definitely have mixed emotions. We got a little more detail as to what happened to our baby boy's paperwork. Apparently his paperwork had to be authenticated and this "just took longer" for our son than for others. We are trying not to dwell on the fact that it took a couple months longer and are working on being grateful for what we have: 1) paperwork that is in order and 2) a court date. Christmas will be difficult. We started this process in January specifically so we wouldn't be in the exact position we are in. We didn't want to know who our baby was and yet be separated for our first holiday. Unfortunately, each step of this process has taken quite a bit longer than anticipated. We are hoping that the end of December means a better chance of passing court the first time around. Right now it is really hit and miss with our agency. If we don't pass the first time we will be rescheduled. Since the Ethiopian Christmas is in the beginning of January, we were told a rescheduled court date may be 6-8 weeks out.

God has really been working on our hearts and minds during this time of waiting. We have learned more about what it means to truly rely on God. We have felt God nudging us toward a new life direction. We aren't quite ready to publicly share the details but we can see how God is using the adoption to help move us in a direction that He wants us to go. I know this sounds cryptic and we will share more once we have some confirmation one way or another. Right now we are moving along on life direction A. We have felt God calling us to follow life direction B (which happens to be everything opposite of the current direction A). If we pass court on December 31st, we can already see how that would be perfect timing for us to continue pursuing life direction B. If we don't pass court on December 31st, it will absolutely close the door on pursuing life direction B at this time. That might just mean we misunderstood God's timing or He has something totally different in mind and pursuing direction B was just preparation.

What we are sure of is God did not create us to let our passions go to waste. God has given Brian and I similar goals, desires and dreams. These are very specifically and uniquely ours. He did not create us to be typical but to be passionate and to act with purpose. We know that God has the next 3 months and 3 years of our lives planned out. Despite this predetermined nature, we are supposed to present our requests to God. Please help us pray that we pass court on December 31st. We would love nothing more than to become parents in 2008!! Please also pray that God continues to show us His plan for us. We are ready and excited for direction B but we want to have open hearts if God has something different in store for us.

6 comments:

Our journey said...

I am so excited for you guys and the possibility of Plan B. I am praying that you pass on the 31st and that Plan B is God's plan for you guys. I am counting down the days along with you!

Leann said...

Praying for a big New Year's Eve Celebration for you!!

Clark and Sarah said...

Oh what great news! Our court date is just a few days before yours. I will praying that we both make it through court. Maybe we will get to travel together to Ethiopia.

cb4swife said...

That picture is great :) I am praying for you and that all of the kinks are worked out by Dec. 31! God Bless...Shannon

Maria and Family said...

Praying you pass the first go around..I know it is hard to not be with your baby on Christmas, (HUGS) I cant wait to see what GOD has planned for you. Maria

nell ann said...

December 31 is a great court date! I'm so glad that AGCI is finally letting families know when their court dates are.

As someone who constantly finds herself waiting on the Lord's decisions between A and B, C and D or A and X (sometimes you just never know, right!) I must tell you that sometimes just the PURSUIT is a highlight of God's beautiful plan and perfect purpose for your life. I am anxious to hear the news and will lift your family up in prayer!

Yay for family!