Elias is doing so well. He is a very happy and fun baby. He is extremely flexible with us which is great. Since being home Elias has improved in so many areas. He has started baby talk. Really the only thing he says is "Da da da da...." all day long. Despite the avid practice with "Ma ma ma ma" nothing slightly resembling an "m" has ever been spoken.
Elias can scoot. He hasn't mastered the whole knee part of crawling but he does like to be on his tummy, get rocking, and then use his feet to scoot. One early morning I was snoozing on the couch and he was playing on his back. Next thing I know I look down to see Elias on his tummy right next to me. He still would rather be held but if he feels inclined to do so, he can scoot.
Another new thing is Elias is eating solid foods. He hates plain rice cereal but will eat it mixed with other things. By far his favorite food is sweet potatoes although he also eats squash, bananas, and mangos. We were told one new food every 5 days so we have only tried these 4 things in the last 2 weeks.
Here are 7 things I love about Elias:
1) His cheerful, loving, and overall good-natured personality
2) The way he burries his head in my lap when I tickle him
3) How his face lights up when Brian or I walk in the door after being at work
4) The way he sings himself to sleep. Elias loves to be bounced to sleep. I grab his favorite minky blanket and head to a dark place. Then I sing. Brian thinks it's funny. I don't care how bad it sounds...it works. Each night is a combination of "You are my sunshine" and "I love you Eli." Within a minute Elias is singing with me and eventually he sings himself to sleep.
5) I wouldn't say Elias laughs or smiles easily. He is obviously always very content but he makes you work for a giggle or smile. His laugh and smile are so sweet that they are definitely worth the little bit of "work."
6) His soft whispy curls
7) His kisses. Elias loves to give and receive kisses. Many times if I am kissing him on the cheek he will turn his face so I kiss him on the lips. Then he opens his mouth and starts sticking his tongue in and out to give us "lizard kisses!" It's a bit wet but worth every ounce of slobber.
We finally got a new video camera cord so we will be posting videos soon. Also, I will finish our daily journal of our trip as well as updates since we've been home...so stay tuned!
9 comments:
Yeah so good to see you in blogland. Elias looks great. Can't wait to hear more about life with him home. Not sure if i told you our court date is march 31st..thats right we are less then a month away. Praying i'll be holding T by the end of April.
I am so jealous! I have to work my but off for every single kiss. I covet them but he really makes us work. Sad thing is I actually get jealous when he gives one to Aaron...Glad you guys are doing well. I miss talking.
Lots of Love
Bethany
fun times with new baby boy-yay! So glad you all are doing well-we are getting close, 3 weeks till court!!
i love his smile! that's stinky that you had to go back to work already, but nice that brian can stay home. looking forward to reading more updates!
Autumn,
I absolutely love your blog and am touched by your posts. I'm so happy to hear things are going well with your family. Hope to see you in July at SIMCO! :-)
He looks so happy and he's beautiful.
Wow, Autumn, all Elias' must be too perfect for words!! I'm so glad you are enjoying being a mom. It's pretty great, huh?
He sounds just perfect ! You gotta love wet baby kisses :) They truly are the best.
YAY!!! Your family is shaping up beautifully!! God has truly blessed you!
Post a Comment