Thursday, July 17, 2008

Starting To Feel Real!

Well this is certainly starting to feel real for us. My grandma gave us some money toward a crib. I was shocked at how expensive all these baby things can be. Brian and I were very pleasantly surprised when our parents got together to surprise us with enough to buy the rest of the crib :) and the matching dresser.

Last night my sister and I put it together while Brian was at youth group. Brian did stay around long enough to take out the trash for us :) Having a crib in our house really is making this feel so much more real.

Now all we have to do is pick the bedding so we can paint and replace the current guest room decor!

*We would like to thank those who contributed to making this blog post possible. Thank you to the soon to be: Great-Grandma Stalker, Grandma and Grandpa G, and Grandma and Grandpa T.

13 comments:

The Redman's said...

LOVE the crib!!! Gorgeous! Yes, keeping busy is the way to go! :) Enjoy all the prepping, shopping, etc.!!!! :)

Erin said...

I applaud your restraint. You actually waited until you got to #1 to get the nursery going (lovely crib by the way). What amazing patience you have (and sensibility). I've been hording away baby-goodies for months.
Erin

Unknown said...

Yeah! Autumn, you just keep as busy as you can and before you know it you'll not only have received the referral, but you will be rushing around getting tickets and shots, and donations. Yup, you'll be crazy!

Can't wait to see your beautiful son. I hope the referral comes before we travel.

Our journey said...

Beautiful Autumn! What fun it is getting ready for baby and what a great way to connect with him.

Amy

C said...

love the crib!!!!

Michael and Michelle said...

I LOVED!!!! LOVED!!!!! LOVED!!!! getting the nursery ready for our first child. What a wonderful time in your life!!!
I keep checking my email, just thinking today is the day for you guys!! I am starting to get impatient for you.

Michelle

cb4swife said...

It is a beautiful crib! We are hanging in there praying very hard for patience :) ...how about you? Praying for you! Shannon

Outdrsycple said...

I love the crib, I' glad you have something to help keep you positive during the wait.

Jana said...

I love that crib Autumn. Getting ready for your baby really is soooooooo great! I love all the stuff you get to get!! My friend ordered me an ERGO baby carrier and I can't wait to use it. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I love it!! SOOOO cute!!

Girl, you better get a referral on monday or I'm gonna go MAD!! i check your blog everyday hoping for news!! you are in my thoughts!

Phronsie said...

I like the crib! We did a convertible crib that goes from crib to full size bed so we didn't have to buy more than one bed per kid. And, it has an attached dresser type thing, which works pretty well... If we'd gotten a crib by itself, I'd love one like that, it's beautiful! So exciting, before you know it you'll have a son in there! :)

Blog Shmog said...

Ooooo, that is a nice crib. Love it! It's so fun to work on the room.

C said...

We all saw the POWER in prayer and fasting when we as a blog family took a day to do this for the hold on some of the Ethiopia adoptions.. SO I feel that we as a blog family need to do this for Margot (Julies' mom) SO please join me this Friday July 25,2008 for a day of fasting and prayer for Margots healing!!!!
C
"For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers."
1 Peter 3:12