We are still here and still waiting for our referral call. The past week hasn't exactly been enjoyable. I thought #1 would be so exciting but it is just really emotional. The excitment and anticipation are unlike anything I have ever experienced. It is pretty nerve-racking to be waiting for the phone to ring and disappointing when the day ends without it ringing. Brian is hanging in there. I can definitely tell he is getting more excited about being a Dad as we near this monumental moment. He is always so encouraging to me when I get anxious and impatient. It's a good thing one of us handles this pressure well.
I have bad days and better days. I just really haven't been myself as I feel I have a big giant cloud over my head filled with pent up emotions that are just dying to be released. I can only anticipate the joy of seeing our baby's face and learning all about him - right now the anticipation is a bit overwhelming as it sits just under the surface as my days slowly go on as usual.
Last week I caved under the pressure and asked our case worker some questions about our number and the status of referrals. I was kindly reminded of the procedure and found out nothing more than I already knew. We are still officially #6 although I am 99.9% positive we are really #1 and have been for at least a week. I was told AGCI tries to focus during this time on getting families with referrals through court and that referrals would slow down a little but still be given out during the court closure. Again, nothing new.
Today travel calls went out. Congratulations to Karen and Sharon on their travel dates. They will finally be united with their children. On the other side of things phone calls went out to let families know they will not be making the court closure. I am so sorry for those of you who had hoped your cases would make it and they did not. Please keep these families, including Michelle and Jana, in your prayers as they readjust their expectations and wait until fall to meet their children.
I am really hoping for a referral before the next travel group leaves on the 26th. Even though I haven't yet seen a single picture of our son I already am hoping for more from people who travel.
8 comments:
Thanks Autumn, we've been pretty sad around here but we'll perk up soon. I am going to go medicated myself with some sushi:) I keep checking your blog for news, I am very anxious and excited for you!!
I can't even imagine what you are going through something like a emotional rollercoaster ride I am guessing, we are praying for you guys!!!
Ughhhh... waiting at number 1 is tough! We waited 10 weeks at number one.... not that you will, but we were number one for a baby girl when we got our FDL and got on the wait list. The program was still so new that the list wasn't moving very fast. But, I know what waiting on pins and needles for the phone to ring feels like!! Hang in there!
-Suzi
I keep checking your blogg for news. What a hard place to be in. I am sure every morning brings you renewed hope only to have it end in disappointment. I will be praying for God's peace. Maybe even a distraction or two:)
Oh Autumn...this is a crazy emotional rollercoaster, isn't it. I am praying for you...God Bless...Shannon
I will be praying for you in this tough time of being #1 and waiting. I am so looking forward to seeing the post where it says - "we know our son :)!"
Kristin
Autumn,
I am right there with you--thinking about you and hoping for your quick referral. Looks promising...since we know about some court closure information! I will continue to pray for your referral.
Melissa (Va.)
HI Autumn,
I am thinking of you and praying for you!! I totally relate to your feelings of eagerness to finally get your referral!! I pray you hear something soon and that I can snap many photos of your little man!!
Post a Comment