Did your heart just jump out of your chest reading that? Mine did when I heard my phone playing "Beautiful Boy" this morning! My Mom and my sister (who I work with) came running out to my desk. What did they see? A girl who was about to cry tears that were not the much anticipated tears of joy. Instead they saw the watery eyes, lump in the throat, shaking the head "no" look of a false alarm.
Here I must apologize to all my faithful blog readers. That was mean wasn't it? Well, now you know how I feel. Bad attitude, right? Yes, I know that sounded like the attitude of a four year old stomping her foot and slamming the door while sticking out her tongue saying "neener neener" but that is how I am feeling. It is mean to put anyone through the butterflies in the stomach that you feel when reading someone's blog and hear that they got THE CALL. It sucks even worse to hear your phone ring and think this could be MY CALL and to have it be a false alarm.
Christy was calling to tell me about some changes in the waitlist procedure. I had heard about this change so it wasn't a surprise and had seen the warning in the bi-weekly update on Friday that everyone would be receiving phone calls. So, I knew there was a good chance that I would get a call without it being THE CALL. Unfortunatley, even knowing that was probably going to happen today, I was still unable to prepare myself for the way a false alarm made me feel.
Since being unofficially #1, I have received 2 false alarm phone calls. I certainly can't complain that our agency is mean or lacks in communication. The phone calls are all very nice and caring and kind but e-mails would be so much easier to handle than phone calls while hanging out at #1. When asked if I had any questions I said, "well since you are calling me now I assume you won't be calling me later today with a referral." A polite "no, we don't have anything for you yet" was the reply. At least I know it still won't be anytime soon and can try to mentally prepare. I was really hoping for a referral before the next travel group. Now I am thinking maybe Almaz is still so bogged down with trying to get families through court that she won't be giving out any new information on children until the courts officially close (Aug 1) and this next travel group has come and gone.
I know God's timing is perfect so I will wait and try to do so with a good attitude. I just wish I had a better idea of when it is going to happen. Last night I opened my Bible and it happened to fall to Ecclesiates. I saw some underlines and read about there being a "time for everything." God's timing will be just right, but I don't think it's out of line to ask for no more false alarms along the way :).
13 comments:
Too true. That was painful. Indeed, my heart jumped into my throat when I read the title. I can't tell you how much I want to take pictures for you. And trust me, there will not be an infant who does not get photographed. So the instant you get your referral, you need to email me so I can send you more pictures! It does sound like Almaz is busier when families are in-country, but you will be with your son in just a little while.
I am so sorry Autumn. Even when you know a call is coming, it is hard not to hope/wish/think it may be THE call. Praying for you in this uncertain waiting, but know that God is with you.
A
PATOOIE!! That is a BUMMER.
i still haven't given up hope for you for this week. It is only Monday, and perhaps they haven't yet heard from Almaz. I think it is still possible you will hear something.
Julie told us a few mondays ago to brace ourselves for November. On the next day, she called and said D was OURS and we made it through court. Im still praying for you for this week!!!
Oh do I remember HATING Mondays during our delay!!
Oh my...I can so relate Autumn! I am anxious it seems all day since the AGCI offices don't close until 7:30pm our time :) Poor CB called the other day and I sounded sad when I heard his voice b/c it wasn't AGCI...poor fella! I am praying for you...waiting is hard! God Bless...Shannon
ohhhhhhhh when i was waiting for our travel call I was sure julie was calling to tell us we got thru court and it was just our monthly update i was sooooooooooooooo sad. I am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Autumn...I'm so sorry to hear that. I check your blog several times a day, so was so excited when I read that title. I'll be praying that you get a referral before the end of the month!
~Dawn
I wanted to let you know that I have been following your blog for the past couple of weeks. I can feel the excitement rising in your posts!! Keep trusting in the Lord and He will never fail you!!
Blessings,
Jenn
I just found your blog - keep holding on for that referral call - the Lord's timing with be perfect. If you check out our blog - you'll see that we actually lost a referral - so we know what it is like to go through all the waiting....and waiting again.
I'll keep checking in and following your blog...
LESLEY
Did you get your phone ringing to a song????
That got my heart jumping!!! It's coming so soon!!!
Michelle
That's so brutal for you - I'm SOOO sorry. I remember that feeling of jumping every time the phone would ring. It's so hard not to get your hopes up every time it does ring! I will continue to pray for God's peace for you during this waiting!
Kristin
Autumn,
Things seem to be coming together, slowly. Paperwork is done (yes, there's even more to do). Tickets are confirmed. Hotel is confirmed. Hair is done. Photo album and letter to birth mother is done.
I still need to get Almaz a gift and finish packing.
I'm so excited. I will be taking photos for you.
So sorry sweetie. That really sucks. I know you had to be so sad. (hugs) your time is coming really soon.
Maria
Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you & praying for you.
~Dawn
Post a Comment