Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An Ode to Brian

Thanks for all your encouraging words in response to my latest downer of a post. This procress really has been an emotional roller coaster ride.

We had a great weekend. We got so much work done on the nursery. It was really fun and both Brian and I ended the long weekend with much excitement and anticipation! We are very close to being "blog picture" ready.

I didn't post these stories because I thought maybe it was better to keep these memories private. After thinking it over for a couple months I have chnaged my mind. #1 because Brian doesn't even read "our blog" and #2 because it gives you a glimpse into Brian's personality (the invisible other on our blog) and helps you see why I love him.Brian's birthday is the end of July. I was asking him what he wanted to do to celebrate turning 29. His reply came in the form of a very serious tone and huge grin "Paint my boy's room!" I thought that was really cute. We didn't quite get it done for his birthday but it is done.

A week or so after this conversation Brian and I were in the car. We were talking about the schedule for our upcoming weekend. Brian coaches 8th and 9th grade boys on a competitive club soccer team. They have tournaments all the time. I was going to this particular tournament. The conversation that followed went something like this:

B: I am so glad you are going this weekend. I know it isn't the most fun thing for you but I appreciate it. I can't wait until you can bring our son with us. I can show him off to everybody and tell them that he is my son.

A: Yeah that will be really fun.

B: We can get him a little soccer ball and during half time he can run on the field and kick the ball around like the big kids.

A: Silent and smiling.

B: No, seriously Autumn, when he comes running toward me with his arms stretched out calling me "Daddy" how I am supposed to NOT cry?

A: (chuckling) Well, I guess you better prepare yourself to be crying for pretty much the rest of your life.

I feel like you all probably know me pretty well by now with all my posts. Now you have a glimpse into Brian's personality and why I am so excited for him to be a Dad! So, Brian, if you happen to read your own blog, thank you for all your hard work on the nursery. You are going to be a great Dad and I am really excited to be able to see you cry every day for the rest of our lives. I love you.

7 comments:

Laurzie said...

What a great daddy he will be!

Brian said...

And if you were with me at work right now it would be another one of those moments.

Our journey said...

What a great tribute and reflection of you husband. My husband is the same. He has the softest heart for our children and they ALWAYS come before him and his needs or wants.

Amy

cb4swife said...

thanks for letting get a glimpse of your hubby...I hope you keep your blog going after you get home so we can watch you both be parents! And you are right...CB and I cry often :) Praying for you! God Bless....Shannon

Unknown said...

how could i not cry reading that post?? aww, i'm so glad he has someone that appreciates him so. love you!

Dawn said...

Brian sounds like he's going to be an awesome dad!!

J-momma said...

a true sign of a great dad!