Thursday, September 18, 2008

Still Flying High

Well we are still thrilled and flying high! It has been hard to sleep and focus on other things since we are so excited to be parents. On Tuesday my Aunt Tammy came by the office to congratulate me.Wednesday afternoon we received our referral packet. This is another (smaller) binder of paperwork to be filled out saying that we are officially accepting the referral of baby Gossett!I started working on it right away! I want my paperwork there on the 29th when the courts open so no way am I going to waste time.

Today is a big day for us. We have a phone call to go over the referral packet with Christy. Then we have a phone call with the Family Education Coordinator to discuss a transition plan. Since just those phone calls won't get my paperwork to AGCI in record time we are also having our international pediatrician consultation today.

It is really nice to have something to do again - something that we can somewhat control to be able to speed the adoption along. And the greatest part - we now have a name and a face for motivation!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

This is so exciting Autumn!!! I cant wait to hear all of the steps you will be going through before you travel to get your precious little boy!

Yay!!!!

Michael and Michelle said...

I loved loved loved loved loved getting the referral packet!! Send back the papers but keep the folder! After you send that back they will send you the travel packet!! That's really fun too!

Have fun looking at his picture!

Michelle

Three2Five said...

I am soo excited for you still! Hope you the excitement continues as you wait for travel.

Our journey said...

Yeah! More paperwork, but a referral pasket is so exciting! Love following along with you Autumn.

Maria and Family said...

So fun! I love following your journey, it gives me an idea what to expect. I hope you get an early court day!! Maria

Emily said...

I have his picture next to my computer and I love seeing his cute face constantly.

Love,
Aunti Em

Blog Shmog said...

Fun! It must feel great to be able to do things again to get closer and closer to picking up your little one! I love your heart shirt by the way. :)

Dawn said...

Woohoo!! Don't you LOVE getting packages from AGCI?? How fun! I can not wait to be at the point that you are right now. How exciting. And I can't wait to see pics of the nursery. Ok..onto other business. In my blog stalking calculations I have us as #15 and #17, but you have #14 and #17. What do you know that I don't??? I sure hope that you are right though!!

Kristi J said...

Oh, this makes me so anxious...congrats!!! kristi

Laurzie said...

SO exciting!