Friday, January 30, 2009

5 and 1/2 Hours

So we leave in 5 and 1/2 hours. We should probably be sleeping but we are going to be up for a while. Not out of necessity - just not tired. I wanted to share about all the stuff we are taking with us!! Thank you to all of you who sent donations or money to buy donations. Also, thank you to those of you who gave to AGCI specifically to cover extra baggage costs for people like us! We are taking 8 bags (1 is purposefully overweight and 7 which are hopefully right at 50 lbs). Our stuff takes up 1 bag and presents for my sister take up 1 bag the rest are DONATIONS! These are just some of the piles of donations.
For all you numbers people I thought you might like this:

1176 Diapers
90 Cans of Formula
3520 Wipes
TONS of Clothes for Older Children
Shampoos
Lotions
7 tubes of Desitin
7 Pairs of Shoes
8 Tubes of Anti-Fungal Cream
Baby Clothes
Batteries
Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
Baby Toys
Coloring Books and Crayons
Candy

We can't wait to deliver it all in person!!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

Gram said...

Dear Kids, We are up with you and cannot sleep! Bless you, have a safe and fun trip. Hurry home with our baby. G.&G.

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

have a safe trip and can't wait to hear all about it!

Troy said...

That is flat-out amazing! I'm sure you had fun packing it all. BTW, your Gram's note above is priceless :)

jody said...

Have an AWESOME time and know you are being prayed for!!! Go get that boy!! (and give our girl a squeeze if you can :) )

Michael and Michelle said...

WooooHoooo!!! I love all the donations you are taking, it's just AWESOME!!!!!!! I sure hope you can email or blod while you are in Ethiopia.

Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Autumn,

Praying for you, Brian and Elias. I pray that he is healthy and that your reunion is a special time that will remain in your memory forever. Talk to you when you get home (or before) :)

Sunday

Dawn said...

OH my goodness!!! That's AWESOME!! Have the BEST time - I can't wait to hear ALL about it!! :) Oh yeah and tell my little man I love him please.

christa said...

Autumn & Brian,

The day is finally here! I am so excited for you! You both will be wonderful parents and I can't wait to see pictures of your trip. I'll be praying for your safety and for all three of you to come back happy and healthy (the happy part is a given, I would say!)

Please send my love to Emily. I miss her very much!

Jana said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So excited for you Autumn, it is a trip of a lifetime!!

Maria and Family said...

I am sooooo happy it is your turn !!! What an amazing time you will have ! I can not believe HOW many donations you are bringing!!! That is just awesome!! Very very cool! HUGS!!!!

Chantelle said...

That is tooooo cool! So so pumped for you guys! Fantastic stuff for the donations! They are going to LOVE IT!
I bet you can hardly stand it right now! I am excited for you and I don;t even know you except blogger wise of course!
God Bless! Have an AWESOME trip!!!!
Chantelle

Lonnie said...

That's so wonderful! Way to GO! Hope that your trip goes smoothly and can't wait to read about it when you get back.

Dawn said...

I was just thinking about you, Brian and Elias and how you are probably having the BEST time ever!! :)